Wavemaker | Executive - Digital
Wavemaker - India
Overview of job
Wavemaker is an agency of GroupM, the world’s largest media investment company and are a part of WPP. In fact, we are responsible for one in every three ads you see globally.You will be required to deliver and work on strategic, data-driven solutions primarily across all digital platforms (SEM, paid social, programmatic) and at the same time be operationally proficient. You will also be expected to learn the basics of offline planning and develop an overall understanding of the media space to provide holistic solutions for the client in the long run.
Reporting Of the role: Business Director/Manager – Media
3 Best Things About The Job:
- You will be working on the holistic media channel planning by owning digital transformation in the dynamic FMCG Category.
- Opportunity to be a self-starter and to flex entrepreneurial skills to accelerate digital uptake with clients.
- A culture built on collective energy, passion, collaboration and support.
In this role, your goals will be:
In three months:
- Strategy: ensure holistic digital thinking is carried across channel planning and outcomes that can be clearly measured.
- Presentation: able to write and articulate compelling media approaches to successfully sell in campaign recommendation.
- Projection management - ensure smooth workflow and clients and team members are up to speed on all tasks.
- Campaign delivery: oversee effective and accurate optimisation and delivery of performance, utilising all relevant internal teams (i.e. Campaign Operations), agency processes and tech.
In 6 months:
- Demonstrate good understanding of clients’ business and challenges and ability to apply the knowledge in the formulation of campaign strategy and recommendation.
- Build a good relationship with clients
- Lead and direct all team members to support in the development of channel plans and creative solutions that are planned holistically with the broader media mix
In 12 months:
- Develop and sell in innovating media ideas/concepts to drive incremental revenue
- Establish trusted advisor status – able to support the broader strategic output for clients’ marketing and communication needs and inject your digital specialization
What your day job looks like at Redfuse:
- Possess competence in planning and execution all digital channels
- Demonstrates knowledge of the digital media market and the role of channels to deliver compelling overall media solutions
- Evolve use of measurement systems to provide greater insight into ROI of media plans with a focus on digital and ensure the team deliver on agreed KPIs
- Digital media operations management
What you’ll bring:
- At least 1 year experience in a media agency, at a client or a media owner in a related capacity
- Strong digital background with technical skills across biddable media essential.
- Working knowledge of advertising technology platforms including and not limited to ad servers, DSPs, biddable media platforms.
- Competency in media planning and buying across all digital platforms
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- A strong sense of accountability and responsibility
- Comfortable with numbers with great attention to detail
- Strong time management skills
Digital media advertising in India continues to grow at 30% in 2017, cementing India’s position as the second largest internet market with close to 450 million users. The Internet growth is driven by mobile data and connectivity, making it an exciting market for all integrated marketing services, fueled by the collective market investment in data and technology. With a booming economy, both traditional and new age industries are witnessing a boost in consumption, making India a high potential advertising market. With renewed foreign investments across several industries, India is an exciting market for any advertising professional.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.