Wavemaker | Receptionist
Overview of job
We are searching for an energetic, friendly and confident individual to join our team.
The Receptionist role an integral part of the Wavemaker Agency, being the first and last point of reference for all of our prospects, clients, employees and future employees - your vibrant energy and eye for detail will help to welcome our office visitors in a professional, friendly and welcoming manner.
We are looking for someone with equal ambition and customer focus to drive and uphold our reputation, set the tone of our culture and create an experience through your interactions.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the EA/Office Manager
3 best things about the job:
- A fun environment that encourages work life balance
- Be at the centre of the agency. An opportunity to build relationships across the agency and will media publishers and clients
- Opportunity to develop and drive your personal growth
Measures of success –
In three months:
- met key people within the agency and group
- clear direction and focus as you start your new role
- built a relationship with both clients and reps and be able to easily identify them by name
In six months:
- a thorough understanding of your role
- settled in well, and feel confident in your ability to make a difference within your team and the agency
In twelve months:
- made significant contributions to your role and agency
Responsibilities of the role:
Be responsible for Front of House reception duties, including but not limited to:
- Ensure that all calls and emails are responded to promptly and professionally, leaving all clients, customers and visitors with a positive impression
- Ensure a fully stocked, clean and tidy office is a must to ensure a productive work environment! i.e. All meeting rooms, front of house area, stationary, kitchen and supplies, snacks, drinks and common areas
- Assist in driving team culture - milestone celebrations, birthdays and captain of the sustainability team!
- Manage meeting room bookings and co-ordinating catering when required and ensuring everything runs smoothly
- Liaise with building management and cleaners
- Assist with travel and accommodation bookings
- General administration duties including but not limited to e.g.: mail distribution, managing supplier invoices with our finance team, maintaining up to date - phone lists, kitchen duty and reception rosters. Assist in arranging ‘lunch & learns’ and preparation for pitches as well as supporting the office manager and wider teams when required
What you will need:
The successful candidate will be someone who is highly organised, with exceptional interpersonal and customer service and communication skills, uses initiative in all aspects of their day-to-day work, as well as being able to have a laugh!
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team and happy to roll up their sleeves to ensure our office is always an on point!
- An ability to communicate well with staff, directors, suppliers & clients is essential
- The capability to think outside the box and offer suggestions to improve processes
- An upbeat friendly personality with a willingness to learn & remain calm under pressure
- Multi-tasker and solutions focused with an ability to juggle several requests and a determination to see them all through to the end
As Front of House you will need to work closely with the EA/Office Manager to ensure Wavemaker’s day-to-day requirements are run smoothly and efficiently.
Wavemaker is a billion-dollar revenue agency that sits at the heart of GroupM and WPP. Our ambition is to be the most distinctive and admired media, content and technology agency in the world.
Wavemaker is a global network that operates locally in over 90 countries and 139 offices. We are aligned behind our purchase journey obsession, and we help our clients translate audience behaviours and insights in to smart decisions for today and tomorrow. Our commitment to our clients it to be the “Future Makers’. We demonstrate this in how we think, how we work and our relationship to technology and content to better serve their needs. We are leading the way in re-inventing the role of a media agency in the digital age, embracing media planning and buying, but fit for the modern marketing requirements of seamlessly connecting media, content and technology.
To do this, we attract experts from diverse backgrounds that can share in our vision for the future.
We believe in the essential relationship between the vitality of our 8,500 people and our commercial success. This can best be encapsulated in the values we uphold, and the way in which we demonstrate our commitment to them. We are Passionate, Agile, Collaborative, Entrepreneurial and Diverse (PACED)
With PACED as our backdrop, we require our people to be self-starters, with high standards. We know that ‘great teams still have star players’, and we expect everyone to bring their own uniqueness to the party and contribute their value with their own flair. We do not tolerate exclusion of team members and their ideas. We are here to make waves with our clients, and we can only do that as a collective.
GroupM leads and shapes media markets by delivering performance enhancing media products and services, powered by data and technology. Our global network agencies and businesses enable our people to work collaboratively across borders with the best in class, providing them the opportunity to accelerate their progress and development. We are not limited by teams or geographies; our scale and diverse range of clients lets us be more adventurous with our business and talent. We give our talent the space, support and tools to innovate and grow.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.