Director, Analytics and Insights
Goodway Group is Ad Age's #3 Top 2021 Company!
We are looking for a Director of Analytics and Insights, preferably with strong knowledge of ad tech. This person will be a strong leader who oversees the Analytics & Insights team as they compile, analyze, and interpret data to make strategic and tactical recommendations to the business and is at the center of our data-driven business!
Goodway's roles are fully remote, you can work from anywhere in the US, and we have had a thriving virtual culture for over 15 years. Come Join Us!
What You’ll Do
The Director, Analytics & Insights leads our high-performing Analytics and Insights Team, which provides actionable and innovative solutions to address complex and unstructured business questions by leveraging various datasets and statistical techniques.
This person will be a strong leader who oversees the Analytics & Insights Team as they compile, analyze, and interpret data to make strategic and tactical recommendations to the business. This consultative role will also interact heavily with key stakeholders to understand, define, and provide solutions to business challenges. They will provide subject matter expertise on all matters of analytical or operational data needs and work closely with stakeholders to integrate data analytics into business processes to improve performance and achieve long-term business goals.
Building and Leading Teams
- This leader will build, manage, and lead a virtual, world-class team of data-driven and business-focused analysts
- Establishes clearly defined objectives for team members; provides ongoing feedback and mentorship
- Facilitates and provides both individual and team industry and technology learning opportunities
- Leads by example demonstrate hands-on business and technical knowledge to develop/mentor analysts
Analytics and Insights
- Responsible for all strategic and tactical analytics/insights activities; ensure alignment across all Goodway and department leaders with respect to key deliverables and expected timeframes
- Leads actionable and innovative analytical solutions to key prospect/client and internal business questions by utilizing various datasets and statistical techniques
- Provides a combination of thought-leadership and hands-on implementation for bespoke client solutions (e.g., measurement) utilizing Goodway and vendor platform capabilities
- Works closely with key internal stakeholders as well as external partners and vendors to enhance the application of both newly sourced and existing raw / aggregated data across all channels and mediums
- Collaborates with Goodway Product and Tech leaders to identify, understand and resolve technical challenges related to data ingestion, data access, and data accuracy
- Be a subject matter expert in advising clients and business partners on analytics and insights topics; lead workshops and collaborative sessions to facilitate solutions to both strategic and ad-hoc business scenarios
- Be an active contributor in strategic client acquisition and retention opportunities in all aspects of the client life cycle ranging from initial prospect RFP response to existing client QBR discussions
- Collaborates with Goodway client-facing team leaders to facilitate and maximize the value of appropriate prospect/client engagements for the Analytics and Insights team
- Guides and drives solutions to ambiguous client demands in a positive and forward-looking manner that produces great outcomes for our clients and profitable business for Goodway
Expertise and Evangelize
- Establishes the Analytics and Insights team as the go-to experts in data and analytics within Goodway
- Ensures the immediate team is at the forefront of the intersection of digital advertising/marketing, advertising technology, and business intelligence, and data technology trends
- Actively collaborates with the Learning and Development (L&D) team to broaden organizational analytics and insights competency via targeted training and learning modules / other techniques
What We Offer
We provide a world-class total rewards program that includes market-competitive pay, rich healthcare, and other benefits, employee development opportunities, and thriving virtual work culture.
You’ll Be Successful Because You Are
- Knowledgeable: Undergraduate degree or equivalent training required. Specialization in computer science, math, statistics, or a similar technical subject area preferred
- Seasoned / Experienced:
- Previous experience building and managing data analyst teams to drive business outcomes is required
- Previous experience in digital advertising or ad-tech industry is preferred
- Previous client-side (advertiser) and/or agency - engagement experience is preferred
- Working knowledge of SQL is required
- Working knowledge of a statistical software package or programming languages, such as R or Python is preferred
- Familiarity and experience with business intelligence tools (e.g., Tableau, Looker) is required
- Familiarity with big-data tools such as Hadoop, Hive, Athena, or Qu bole is preferred
- Exposure to modern software engineering processes (e.g., version control, automated testing) is preferred
- Experience with Marketing-specific modeling techniques, such as MMM / Econometrics and panel-based measurement, is preferred
- Strong Leader: You are an effective leader and coach, setting an inspiring vision for the team, and mentoring the individuals and team to be their best to deliver on that vision
- Right Radio Frequency: You can effectively listen and communicate to a variety of audiences ranging from internal Goodway leadership, client/advertiser CMOs to immediate analyst teammates
- Agile: You know how to get things done both through formal and informal channels. You understand Goodway’s culture, including the origin and reasoning behind key policies, practices, and procedures
- Multi-Lensed: You can look at a piece of information or problem through different lenses and take relevant perspectives/information to drive towards win-win outcomes
- Curiosity: Intellectual curiosity and self-motivation to continuously learn and produce high-quality work
- Business Insights: Understanding of standard modeling strategies, statistics, and quantitative analysis
- Find a Way: You find solutions to problems with imperfect information and inconsistent/messy data; experience and know-how to apply the right techniques for a given situation to drive business outcomes
Who We Are
Goodway Group is the marketing partner agencies and advertisers trust to drive campaign performance and media efficiency. Proud to be completely independently owned and operated, Goodway provides programmatic expertise that meets its clients' needs – and no one else's. Through managed planning and buying services across all paid digital media, Goodway delivers trustworthy marketing expertise and authentic results because Goodway knows the truth is what matters most.
We want applications from everyone, regardless of race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, citizen status, age, disability, military or protected veteran status, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected status. Did we miss anything?