Data and Insights Analyst
Goodway Group is Ad Age's #3 Company to Work For in 2021! We work with Brands and Agencies both to drive omnichannel digital media strategy and execution! Our roles are fully remote, working from home offices anywhere in the United States.
We are looking for a Data & Insights Analyst for our core Data Analytics team, preferably with hands-on experience working on a wide range of data and insights problems in ad-tech, including ranging from lift measurement to conversion attribution.
The ideal candidate should also show the technical acumen and chops with tools of the trade, including (and not limited to) SQL, Python, and R, and will have worked with big data platforms like AWS.
What You’ll Do
The Data Insights Analyst role is a leading member of the Analytics and Data Science team at Goodway. This team utilizes advanced tools and innovative techniques to maximize advertising results for our clients and demonstrate thought leadership within the digital advertising industry. You will be at the center of data analysis and modeling at the forefront of the ad-tech space and be taking and communicating the learnings and insights that matter to clients and stakeholders. Although not strictly required, an ideal candidate will have hands-on experience working on a wide range of data and insights problems in ad-tech, including ranging from lift measurement to conversion attribution. The ideal candidate should also show the technical acumen and chops with tools of the trade, including (and not limited to) SQL, Python, and R.
Analytics and Insights
- Lead various types of statistical analyses to drive actionable client and internal business insights in paid media planning, execution, and measurement
- Drives actionable and innovative analytical solutions to key prospect/client and internal business questions by utilizing various datasets and statistical techniques
- Provides a combination of thought-leadership and hands-on implementation for bespoke client solutions (e.g., measurement) utilizing Goodway and vendor platform capabilities
- Works closely with key internal stakeholders as well as external partners and vendors to enhance the application of both newly sourced and existing raw / aggregated data across all channels and mediums
- Collaborates with Goodway Product and Tech. leaders to identify, understand and resolve technical challenges related to data ingestion, data access, and data accuracy
- Be an active contributor in strategic client acquisition and retention opportunities in all aspects of the client life-cycle ranging from initial prospect RFP response to existing client QBR discussions
- Manage and resolve ambiguous/uncertain client demands in a positive and forward-looking manner
- Be the go-to expert for client teams to call on for client analytics and insights opportunities.
Expertise and Evangelize
- Be the go-to experts at Goodway Group for business intelligence and analytics-related topics.
- Stay at the forefront of digital marketing and advertising technology and its relevance in data analysis; shares learnings with immediate and account teams as appropriate.
- Align with the Learning and Development (L&D) team as appropriate to broaden organizational analytics and insights competency via targeted training and learning modules
- Leads by example: demonstrates hands-on functional knowledge to develop/mentor new analysts.
- Facilitates and provides both individual and team industry and technology learning opportunities
- Actively mentors Data Analysts on Analytics and Account teams to drive team members’ career / professional development.
What We Offer
We provide a world-class total rewards program that includes market-competitive pay, rich healthcare and other benefits (our family leaves policy is out of this world), employee development opportunities, and strong virtual work culture.
You’ll Be Successful Because You Are
Knowledgeable: Undergraduate degree or equivalent training in computer science, math, statistics, or a similar technical subject area is required
- Seasoned / Experienced:
- Previous analytics-focused experience (4-7 years) is required
- Previous experience in digital advertising or ad-tech industry is preferred
- Previous client-side (advertiser) and/or agency - engagement experience is preferred
- Working knowledge of SQL is required; experience with or a desire to learn Python and comfort operating in a Linux OS environment is preferred
- Familiarity and experience with business intelligence tools (e.g., Tableau, Looker) is required
- Familiarity with big-data tools such as Hadoop, Hive, Athena, or Qubole is required
- Exposure to modern software engineering processes (e.g., version control, automated testing) is preferred
- Right Radio Frequency: You can effectively listen and communicate to a variety of audiences. The ability to communicate the right “radio frequency” with precision and concision is critical
- Agile: You know how to get things done both through formal and informal channels. You understand Goodway’s culture, including the origin and reasoning behind key policies, practices, and procedures
- Multi-Lensed: You can look at a piece of information or problem through different lenses
Things You Should Know
- Our workdays can sometimes be long and unpredictable. You should be comfortable and capable of sitting and/or standing at a desk for at least 8 hours.
- Twice per year, we gather together to work and play for a week. Both retreats are “can’t miss” events. There may also be other opportunities to travel depending on your specific role and business needs.
Who We Are
Goodway Group is the programmatic partner agencies, and advertisers trust to drive campaign performance and media efficiency. Proud to be completely independently owned and operated, Goodway provides programmatic expertise that meets its clients' needs – and no one else's. Through managed planning and buying services across all paid digital media, Goodway delivers trustworthy marketing expertise and authentic results because Goodway knows the truth is what matters most.
We want applications from everyone, regardless of race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, citizen status, age, disability, military or protected veteran status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or any other legally protected status. Did we miss anything?
We want applications from everyone, regardless of race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, citizen status, age, disability, military or protected veteran status, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected status. Did we miss anything?