Digital Strategy Director - Paid Social
Who We Are
As AdAge's #3 Best Places to Work, Goodway Group is the digital media partner agencies, and advertisers trust to drive campaign performance and media efficiency. Proud to be completely independently owned and operated, Goodway provides programmatic expertise that meets its clients' needs – and no one else's. Through managed planning and buying services across all paid digital media, Goodway delivers trustworthy marketing expertise and authentic results because Goodway knows the truth is what matters most.
Who You Are
- Knowledgeable: You have a BA/BS and a minimum of 7-10 years of Social Media experience. Paid and organic experience is a plus. You have a demonstrated record as a thought leader in the social media space.
- Strategic Expert: You have strategic expertise across a wide range of social media platforms, including (but not limited to) Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and TikTok. You are an early adopter when it comes to quickly understand the audience and business opportunities for advertisers within new platforms.
- Trusted Advisor: You can develop an intimate knowledge of clients' business and take a consumer-centric view in strategic planning. You are the go-to expert for our internal teams and client partners.
- Analytical: You can connect business objectives to a cross-channel marketing strategy and identify how a client can best leverage social media marketing within their overall program. You’re able to measure media performance to determine the extent to which the original objectives and strategies were met. You dive into the data, identify trends and apply learnings.
- Informed: You stay up-to-date on the latest social trends and share knowledge, learnings, and expertise with internal team members and clients.
- Resourceful: You can roll up your sleeves and develop a point of view of how social media impacts and is impacted by various client marketing points. You’re regularly on the platforms to discover the inner workings and nuances for yourself. You also understand how to leverage all the necessary tools and resources to develop new or creative solutions for our clients and as a strategic advisor on social with internal team members.
- Curious: You are constantly looking for new learnings and insights to continually make Goodway the best place for clients to go to solve their problems.
What You’ll Do
This position is the leading social media expert within Goodway, both internally and externally facing. As a domain expert in paid social digital strategy and social media in general, you’ll achieve this by:
- Clearly understanding the client’s business challenge, desired outcome, and the audience most likely to contribute toward the client achieving their outcome and translating this into an opportunity/strategic plan.
- Fostering strategic thinking within the hand-off between social planning and platform execution so that teams clearly understand client goals and strategic objectives, as well as how they’ll be measured.
- Define/establish the role that social media will play in helping Goodway achieve the client’s desired goals and outcomes.
- Consulting directly with clients on social strategy and mapping out the consumer journey in partnership with the Analytics team.
- Conducting in-person strategy sessions and workshops for key prospects and clients and providing ongoing support in solutions development and implementation.
- Proactively communicating market and client needs and feedback to Marketing, Tech, and Analytics to fuel product development.
- Providing strategic recommendations, digital expertise, and innovative thinking to support Client Services on key accounts for up-selling and revenue growth.
- Providing thought-leadership and points of view on social media trends and emerging platforms or technologies.
- Ensuring a good working relationship with account and client teams to support the best-in-class social expertise needed to win and grow clients.
Things You Should Know
- Our workdays can sometimes be long and unpredictable. You should be comfortable and capable of sitting and/or standing at a desk for at least 8 hours.
- Twice per year, we gather together to work and play for a week. Both retreats are “can’t miss” events. There may also be other opportunities to travel depending on your specific role and business needs.
- This job description does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. This job description is subject to change at any time.
- We want applications from everyone, regardless of race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, citizen status, age, disability, military or protected veteran status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or any other legally protected status. Did we miss anything?
We want applications from everyone, regardless of race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, citizen status, age, disability, military or protected veteran status, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected status. Did we miss anything?