Senior Data Engineer
Goodway Group is #3 on Ad Age's Top Companies to Work For for 2021, has been fully remote for 12+ years, has fantastic virtual culture, and we're GROWING!
This position can be located anywhere in the US working virtually from a home office.
We're looking for software engineers who want to build and support a top-tier programmatic media buying and analytics platform, loves to build cool stuff and work hard, can communicate well, and is a culture-add!
Our development philosophy is to work as small, focused, nimble groups, building everything from the front-end to the back-end. We divide up work on a product basis and you'd be responsible for making sure your features have a clear user-interface, perform and scale, and have legible and easy to maintain code. You may not be familiar with all of the specific technologies we use, but you should be excited about the opportunities to pick them up.
Work you will be doing:
- Developing services in support of analyzing and making decisions on the data generated from the 200 milliseconds, real-time auctions behind nearly every browser page-load across the open internet.
- Crafting software services to interact with Google, Facebook, Microsoft, Salesforce, YouTube, Bing along with a continuously expanding array of established and emerging players on the open internet
- Contributing to industry-leading, award-winning software in the growing Digital Marketing industry.
The right person will feel at home at Goodway because:
- We prefer open-source, being scrappy/nimble over proprietary technologies, all-day meetings, and corporate bureaucracy.
- You can ditch your commute since we’re 100% virtual – everyone works at home but we get together a few times each year. We make being physically together a celebration filled with good times and opportunities for new experiences.
- We encourage personal growth and professional development through technical seminars/cyber-training, mentorships, and leadership opportunities. We have a long history of promoting from within and a career ladder that provides opportunities in both technical and managerial tracks.
- We focus on making your career fit into your life, not your life fitting into your career.
- We have a solid 5-year vision which we’d enjoy sharing with you during the interview process.
Things we’re looking for in our engineers:
- Experience writing software in a professional setting.
- Strong listening and communication skills (written and verbal), including the ability to communicate effectively with non-technical customers.
- Willingness and demonstrated ability to learn new technologies and skills.
- Ability to collaborate well with both internal groups and external partners and thrive in an agile environment with limited oversight.
- Comfortable and committed to multi-tasking work in a small but rapidly growing environment.
- A big plus: an interest in internet advertising, algorithmic ad trading, workflow automation, a/b testing, data warehousing, and solving business problems in collaboration with customers.
- Solid understanding of data warehousing, relational databases and data modeling/design techniques and tuning (non-relational database experience a plus).
- Advanced SQL skills including query optimization.
- Experience working in "big data" platforms and related tools & scripting languages including:
- Amazon Redshift & EMR, Presto, Hive, Python, Spark, Scala, BASH & K-Shell scripting, etc.
- Experience building data pipelines with open source tools such as Airflow and Argo.
- While these are the technologies we currently use, we want to find people who are committed, like we are, to using the right tools for the job and want to be part of the evolution of our technical architecture and systems.
Goodway Group is the leading independent programmatic media services company and digital marketing agency on the planet. As a 3rd generation, family-owned business with no investors or debt, Goodway has the technical feel of a startup and the stability of strong funding and investments in tech! The Digital Advertising and Marketing sector is a HUGE growth area with enormous opportunities!
- Fully remote culture for 12+ years
- 2021 Ad Age Best Places to Work
- 2020 Finalist Digiday Worklife Awards
- 2020 AdExchanger Programmatic Power Player
- 2020 MarTech breakthrough awards
Other Good to Knows!
- Profitable and Growing
- Agile and Collaborative culture
- Human-first mentality
- Training days once a month, free access to all LinkedIn learning, Trade Desk Training programs, and all of our proprietary training
- $1500/yr learning budget
- Home office expense allowance
- MYTime (Unlimited Flexible PTO)
We want applications from everyone, regardless of race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, citizen status, age, disability, military or protected veteran status, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected status. Did we miss anything?