Job Type: Full-Time
Annual Pay : $60,062 - 67,569.74
The Gateway to Your Future
Ready to reach the next level in your career at Gateway? The Bar Manager role is a high-level management position that is ideal for a powerful team builder with a positive attitude and passion for excellence in customer service. This dynamic role requires a self-motivated individual who knows how to operate a cost-effective, full-service bar and lead our dynamic service team to ensure exceptional guest experiences. Along with helping managing a bar and staff, at heart you are a craftsperson with a refined palate and a deep understanding of wine, beer, and spirits.
- Full benefits package for full-time employees
- Retirement savings plan
- Exciting, supportive and fun work environment
- Family and friends discounts on travel, tech, food, beverage, and fitness
- Development and training opportunities
- Ensure excellence in customer service to create a memorable dining experience.
- Prepare beverages in accordance with high-quality standards.
- Develop service standards, train staff members, and ensure implementation.
- Provide leadership to bar staff members and manage performance reports.
- Develop and meet revenue, labour, and supply budgets.
- Crafts, edits and maintains the bar menu and pricing strategies.
- Collaborate with the marketing department to develop initiatives to attract and retain business.
- Liaise with government regulators and ensure compliance with casino regulations and applicable licenses.
- Maintain proper compliance standards including regular sign offs of ID policy.
- Create/Uphold proper par levels for products, glassware and tools.
- Inventory, wastage, spillage tracking
- Training and development
What You Bring
- Three years in a senior position managing an upscale bar.
- Post-secondary education in Hospitality or a related field preferred.
- Serving It Right (BC) or provincial equivalent
- High-level knowledge of wines, spirits, and a creative passion for mixology.
- Basic understanding of marketing principles.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Knowledge of legislation related to food and beverage operations.
- Working knowledge in computer software applications such as Excel, Word and Point of Sale.
- Solid oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work various shifts and flexible hours.
Why Work With Us?
Gateway celebrates and empowers our team members, who make it all possible. A career at Gateway means working with great people, being recognized for your unique contribution and career advancement opportunities across our 27 locations. Our employees thrive with ongoing training and leadership programs while working in a dynamic and fun environment. See for yourself what it's like to be on a team that values your vision, skill and energy.
Get to Know Gateway
Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Limited ("Gateway") is one of the largest and most diversified gaming and entertainment companies in Canada. Across its 27 gaming properties in British Columbia, Ontario and Edmonton, Alberta, Gateway currently employs approximately 8,648 people and boasts approximately 448 table games (including 49 poker tables), 13,887 slots, 85 restaurants and bars and 561 hotel rooms. Gateway is the service provider for the Central, Southwest and North gaming Bundles in Ontario, which includes 11 properties in their portfolio. A multi-pronged growth strategy has seen Gateway diversify and expand its product offering, including developing proprietary casino and restaurant brands, dramatically improving the gaming customer experience while attracting new customers. Some of Gateway's proprietary brands include Match Eatery & Public House, Atlas Steak + Fish and the new Halley's Club. In 2017, Gateway celebrated 25 years in the business of gaming and entertainment in Canada. Further information is available at www.gatewaycasinos.com.
Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers social media pages!
Gateway is a proud equal opportunity employer and dedicates itself to Respect, Integrity, Team-Work and Exceptional Customer Service. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free candidate experience and work environment. If you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know.