Job Type: Full-Time
The Gateway to Your Future
The Junior Accountant assists the Accounting Team by processing, reconciling, generating reports and providing other related support in order to ensure that all relevant activity related to month end is processed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Full benefits package for full-time employees
- Retirement savings plan
- Exciting, supportive and fun work environment
- Family and friends discounts on travel, tech, food, beverage, and fitness
- Development and training opportunities
- Prepares corporate CAD and USD bank reconciliations including the reconciliations of payments to invoices.
- Provides support for accounts payable processing, including processing invoices, following up with vendors and resolving discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Prepares documents, processes and reconciles internal (inter-co company) and external accounts.
- Assists with the preparation of month end accounting reconciliations and month end accounting binders.
- Maintains systems for invoice approval, authorization, processing and distribution of payments.
- Assists in preparing reports and compiling documentation for external financial and regulatory audit requests.
- Ensures accounting files are organized and updated.
- Assists with banking administrations and ad-hoc accounting oriented functions and formalities, as requested.
- Responds to inquiries from internal and external stakeholders. If an inquiry requires other assistance, redirects it to the attention of the appropriate party.
What You Bring
- General knowledge of accounting and finance theories, practices, tax, legislation and resources
- Detail oriented, self-motivated, efficient and willing to take initiatives
- Strong knowledge of spreadsheets (MS Excel), and accounting software, experience with Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains is preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse customer group
- Ability to aid in defining and solving problems; able to collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions
- Ability to plan, organize and effectively manage multiple priorities
- Ability to perform efficiently in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment
Why Work With Us?
Gateway celebrates and empowers our team members, who make it all possible. A career at Gateway means working with great people, being recognized for your unique contribution and career advancement opportunities across our 27 locations. Our employees thrive with ongoing training and leadership programs while working in a dynamic and fun environment. See for yourself what it's like to be on a team that values your vision, skill and energy.
Get to Know Gateway
Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Limited ('Gateway') is one of the largest and most diversified gaming and entertainment companies in Canada. Across its 27 gaming properties in British Columbia, Ontario and Edmonton, Alberta, Gateway currently employs approximately 8,648 people and boasts approximately 448 table games (including 49 poker tables), 13,887 slots, 85 restaurants and bars and 561 hotel rooms. Gateway is the service provider for the Central, Southwest and North gaming Bundles in Ontario, which includes 11 properties in their portfolio. A multi-pronged growth strategy has seen Gateway diversify and expand its product offering, including developing proprietary casino and restaurant brands, dramatically improving the gaming customer experience while attracting new customers. Some of Gateway's proprietary brands include Match Eatery & Public House, Atlas Steak + Fish and the new Halley's Club. In 2017, Gateway celebrated 25 years in the business of gaming and entertainment in Canada. Further information is available at www.gatewaycasinos.com.
What Is Next
Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers social media pages!
Gateway is a proud equal opportunity employer and dedicates itself to Respect, Integrity, Team-Work and Exceptional Customer Service. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free candidate experience and work environment. If you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know.