Casual Banquet Server
Job type: Casual
The Gateway to Your Future
Your attentiveness to guest service and banquet preparation will create an elegant and unforgettable experience for corporate events, holiday get-togethers and milestone celebrations.
A Great Fit, if You
- Have a genuine aptitude for customer service, a professional approach and are willing to go the extra mile to satisfy guests? needs
- Are keen on details, can juggle multiple tasks, and work well under pressure
- Enjoy working in the company of others and contribute to a positive environment
- Like to anticipate guests? requests and deliver drink favorites
- Are a night owl, and benefit from working flexible hours, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Full benefits package for full-time employees
- Retirement savings plan
- Exciting, supportive and fun work environment
- Family and friends discounts on travel, tech, food, beverage, and fitness
- Development and training opportunities
- Ensures banquet/meeting rooms are set up and taken down
- Serves drinks, buffet and a la carte menu items; maintains current knowledge of all banquet items
- Places settings, removes dishes, cleans tables, and changes table linens
What You Bring
- Minimum 1 year serving experience preferably in the hotel conference / hospitality industry
- Banquet Serving experience an asset
- FOODSAFE Level 1 certificate an asset
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Overtime as required
Why Work With Us?
Gateway celebrates and empowers our team members, who make it all possible. A career at Gateway means working with great people, being recognized for your unique contribution and career advancement opportunities across our 27 locations. Our employees thrive with ongoing training and leadership programs while working in a dynamic and fun environment. See for yourself what it?s like to be on a team that values your vision, skill and energy.
Get to Know Gateway
Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Limited (?Gateway?) is one of the largest and most diversified gaming and entertainment companies in Canada. Across its 27 gaming properties in British Columbia, Ontario and Edmonton, Alberta, Gateway currently employs approximately 8,648 people and boasts approximately 448 table games (including 49 poker tables), 13,887 slots, 85 restaurants and bars and 561 hotel rooms. Gateway is the service provider for the Central, Southwest and North gaming Bundles in Ontario, which includes 11 properties in their portfolio. A multi-pronged growth strategy has seen Gateway diversify and expand its product offering, including developing proprietary casino and restaurant brands, dramatically improving the gaming customer experience while attracting new customers. Some of Gateway's proprietary brands include Match Eatery & Public House, Atlas Steak + Fish and the new Halley's Club. In 2017, Gateway celebrated 25 years in the business of gaming and entertainment in Canada. Further information is available at www.gatewaycasinos.com.
Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers social media pages!
Gateway is a proud equal opportunity employer and dedicates itself to Respect, Integrity, Team-Work and Exceptional Customer Service. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free candidate experience and work environment. If you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know.