Job Type: Full-Time
The Gateway to Your Future
If you thrive while working independently and are an efficient team player who loves new challenges, we have the perfect opportunity for you. The Maintenance Technician supports the general maintenance and repair of our Casino facilities, equipment and grounds.
As an industry leader, Gateway offers a dynamic, exciting and supportive work environment. We are looking for a skilled Maintenance Technician who can allocate time effectively, maintain a calm and kind demeanour under pressure, and meet deadlines with a smile. If this sounds like the right opportunity, we look forward to hearing from you and potentially providing you the chance to grow your career in an expanding national company that values its team.
- Full benefits package for full-time employees
- Retirement savings plan
- Exciting, supportive and fun work environment
- Family and friends discounts on travel, tech, food, beverage, and fitness
- Development and training opportunities
- Support day-to-day operations and maintenance to Casino facility and grounds.
- Perform general maintenance of Casino assets, which includes repairs to walls, doors, office furniture, gaming tables and all equipment.
- Assist with the operations of the Building Automated System as directed.
- Perform inspections and maintenance as required on Casino floor, offices, kitchen facilities, washrooms, all parking areas and grounds.
- Ensure all safety standards as described in the WorkSafe regulations are adhered to including protective equipment and clothing.
- Assist in repairing and/or troubleshooting of plumbing, electrical and mechanical issues.
- Establish and maintain a well-equipped and organized workshop.
- Support the purchasing of equipment and inventory and assist with establishing a budget and cost-saving measures.
What You Bring
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in Hotel/Casino or hospitality maintenance.
- Extensive knowledge of carpentry, finishing, minor electrical, plumbing, HVAC, tiling and other associated trades.
- Skilled at maintenance practices, procedures, and repair work, along with hand tools and equipment that is common to building trades.
- Familiarity with preventative maintenance software and working knowledge of Outlook (Word and Excel).
- Valid BC / AB / ON Driver's License and good driving record.
- Ability to work flexible hours and available to be on call 24/7 to respond to emergencies.
- Assists with the operations of the Building Automated System as directed.
Why Work With Us?
Gateway celebrates and empowers our team members, who make it all possible. A career at Gateway means working with great people, being recognized for your unique contribution and career advancement opportunities across our 27 locations. Our employees thrive with ongoing training and leadership programs while working in a dynamic and fun environment. See for yourself what it's like to be on a team that values your vision, skill and energy.
Get to Know Gateway
Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Limited ("Gateway") is one of the largest and most diversified gaming and entertainment companies in Canada. Across its 27 gaming properties in British Columbia, Ontario and Edmonton, Alberta, Gateway currently employs approximately 8,648 people and boasts approximately 448 table games (including 49 poker tables), 13,887 slots, 85 restaurants and bars and 561 hotel rooms. Gateway is the service provider for the Central, Southwest and North gaming Bundles in Ontario, which includes 11 properties in their portfolio. A multi-pronged growth strategy has seen Gateway diversify and expand its product offering, including developing proprietary casino and restaurant brands, dramatically improving the gaming customer experience while attracting new customers. Some of Gateway's proprietary brands include Match Eatery & Public House, Atlas Steak + Fish and the new Halley's Club. In 2017, Gateway celebrated 25 years in the business of gaming and entertainment in Canada. Further information is available at www.gatewaycasinos.com.
Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers social media pages!
Gateway is a proud equal opportunity employer and dedicates itself to Respect, Integrity, Team-Work and Exceptional Customer Service. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free candidate experience and work environment. If you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know.