Regional Human Resources Manager
Job Type: Full-Time
The Gateway to Your Future
Gateway is actively seeking a driven and experienced human resources professional to join our team as a Regional Human Resources Manager. This role will provide guidance and coaching on all Human Resources matters to our gaming properties in designated region.
- Full benefits package for full-time employees
- Retirement savings plan
- Exciting, supportive and fun work environment
- Family and friends discounts on travel, tech, food, beverage, and fitness
- Development and training opportunities
- Actively partners with the management team in the establishment of the strategic direction for the business, including identification of organizational development needs and overall alignment of
- Human Resources programs and systems to achieve business results.
- Manages all employee and labour relations issues at the property. Works proactively with management, employees and the Union to ensure a productive and respectful workplace. Manages all grievances at the property. Coaches managers with regards to labour relations issues and interprets collective agreements to ensure consistency among departments.
- Delivers full recruitment services including front end needs analysis, job postings, sourcing, interviewing, and employee offers.
- Serves as a coach and mentor in the development of employees and supports this development for all levels within the organization.
- Provides guidance to hiring managers through Human Resources processes and procedures and coaches the leadership team in order to achieve a high performing culture.
- Serves as a liaison between the property and corporate head office in the implementation and standardization of processes, policies and procedures.
- Leads the development and implementation of programs that will drive increased employee satisfaction and commitment levels.
- Assists with the identification of training needs, the selection, development and delivery of appropriate programs.
- Assists in compiling relative HR metrics, analysis and reporting.
- Functions as project manager for all HR related projects and assignments.
What You Bring
- Post-secondary education in Business Administration along with a minimum of 8 years of HR experience or equivalent
- Five years of managerial experience leading an HR team
- Experience working within a complex unionized environment
- Experience in gaming, hospitality, F&B or entertainment industry is preferred
- Knowledge of all applicable HR legislation
- Knowledge of all HR functions and ability to develop, implement and administer programs
- Team leader able to provide support, motivation and encouragement to the team
- Strong interpersonal skills, communication skills and negotiations skills
- Ability to exercise a high degree of discretion and judgment
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships and act as a facilitator
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Exceptional problem-solving and decision-making skills
Why Work with Us?
Gateway celebrates and empowers our team members, who make it all possible. A career at Gateway means working with great people, being recognized for your unique contribution and career advancement opportunities across our 27 locations. Our employees thrive with ongoing training and leadership programs while working in a dynamic and fun environment. See for yourself what it?s like to be on a team that values your vision, skill and energy.
Get to Know Gateway
Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Limited (?Gateway?) is one of the largest and most diversified gaming and entertainment companies in Canada. Across its 27 gaming properties in British Columbia, Ontario and Edmonton, Alberta, Gateway currently employs approximately 8,648 people and boasts approximately 448 table games (including 49 poker tables), 13,887 slots, 85 restaurants and bars and 561 hotel rooms. Gateway is the service provider for the Central, Southwest and North gaming Bundles in Ontario, which includes 11 properties in their portfolio. A multi-pronged growth strategy has seen Gateway diversify and expand its product offering, including developing proprietary casino and restaurant brands, dramatically improving the gaming customer experience while attracting new customers. Some of Gateway's proprietary brands include Match Eatery & Public House, Atlas Steak + Fish and the new Halley's Club. In 2017, Gateway celebrated 25 years in the business of gaming and entertainment in Canada. Further information is available at www.gatewaycasinos.com.
Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers social media pages!
Gateway is a proud equal opportunity employer and dedicates itself to Respect, Integrity, Team-Work and Exceptional Customer Service. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free candidate experience and work environment. If you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know.