Job Type: Part-Time
Hourly Pay : $ 19.98/hr
The Gateway to Your Future
As the Security Officer, you oversee security throughout the casino, ensuring guests and employees are secure and protected at all times. In this key role, you will help create a comfortable environment where others feel the assuring calm of your presence. Internally, you will protect the company from theft and/or fraud, while delivering a rock-solid commitment to customer service.
At all times, you are aware of the gaming operations and will work under provincial gaming regulations and comply with all applicable laws, policies and procedures. This exciting opportunity at a national company offers you the chance to nourish and grow your career with the promise of an excellent benefits package and competitive salary for full-time employees.
- Full benefits package for full-time employees
- Exciting, supportive and fun work environment
- Family and friends discounts on travel, tech, food, beverage, and fitness
- Development and training opportunities
- Maintain a presence on the gaming floor and be able to respond to guest inquiries quickly.
- Control access to the facility and particularly to sensitive areas.
- Monitor alarm panels and control and issue keys.
- Write reports, maintain a daily log and conduct investigations.
- Provide First Aid and medical attention as required.
What You Bring
- Minimum 6 months experience in a security role.
- Proven, high level of customer service.
- Detail-orientated and organized nature.
- Solid analytical and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Current First Aid/CPR certification (employer will sponsor).
- Sensitive in dealing with people and proactive in providing solutions.
- Good judgment and understanding.
- Experience with computers.
- Benefit from working flexible hours, evenings, and weekends.
- Completion of Gaming Security Officer (GSO) training/exam prior to start (employer will sponsor) OR valid BC Security License and completion of Gaming Security Officer (GSO) training/exam within 90 days of start in B.C.
- Completion of Serving It Right (BC)/ Proserve (Alberta)/ Smart Serve (Ontario) certificate prior to start date (employer will sponsor)
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods.
- Social perceptiveness and good vision to identify people.
Why Work With Us?
Gateway celebrates and empowers our team members, who make it all possible. A career at Gateway means working with great people, being recognized for your unique contribution and career advancement opportunities across our 27 locations. Our employees thrive with ongoing training and leadership programs while working in a dynamic and fun environment. See for yourself what it’s like to be on a team that values your vision, skill and energy.
Get to Know Gateway
Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Limited (“Gateway”) is one of the largest and most diversified gaming and entertainment companies in Canada. Across its 27 gaming properties in British Columbia, Ontario and Edmonton, Alberta, Gateway currently employs approximately 8,648 people and boasts approximately 448 table games (including 49 poker tables), 13,887 slots, 85 restaurants and bars and 561 hotel rooms. Gateway is the service provider for the Central, Southwest and North gaming Bundles in Ontario, which includes 11 properties in their portfolio. A multi-pronged growth strategy has seen Gateway diversify and expand its product offering, including developing proprietary casino and restaurant brands, dramatically improving the gaming customer experience while attracting new customers. Some of Gateway's proprietary brands include Match Eatery & Public House, Atlas Steak + Fish and the new Halley's Club. In 2017, Gateway celebrated 25 years in the business of gaming and entertainment in Canada. Further information is available at www.gatewaycasinos.com.
Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers social media pages!
Gateway is a proud equal opportunity employer and dedicates itself to Respect, Integrity, Team-Work and Exceptional Customer Service. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free candidate experience and work environment. If you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know.