Job Type: Full-Time
The Gateway to Your Future
In a fast-paced environment, the Senior Accountant role calls for an experienced and organized professional with analytical skills who will effectively assist in planning, controlling, forecasting, reporting and measuring accounting data, financial information and assets of the organization. This position requires exercising sound judgment and solid customer service skills to follow through on requests for information and solutions.
- Full benefits package for full-time employees
- Retirement savings plan
- Exciting, supportive and fun work environment
- Family and friends discounts on travel, tech, food, beverage, and fitness
- Development and training opportunities
- Provides analytical review of the reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts, including the reconciliation of subsidiary ledgers to the general ledger.
- Reviews general entries and reconciliations. Prepares or assists in preparing bank reconciliations, bank journal entries, credit card transactions and bank deposits and implements/follows standard procedures for the same.
- Processes and reconciles internal and external accounts.
- Assists in the preparation or prepares financial statements, and variance analysis from budget.
- Prepares or assists in the preparation of year-end comparative financial statements and audit working papers including assets, liabilities, revenues and expenditures.
- Monitors cash requirements daily and produces cash forecasts.
- Maintains manuals documenting accounting procedures and policies including; data base, and other financial processes.
- Maintains financial security by auditing and verifying documents; following internal controls; completing data backups.
- Oversees or assists in the development of working papers to facilitate the preparation, analysis and presentation of department budgets.
- Oversees, prepares and submits provincial (HST and NRT) tax returns within the required timeframes.
What You Bring
- Four years of progressively responsible accounting experience and/or equivalent combination of related education and experience
- Currently enrolled/completed CPA
- Extensive knowledge of accounting and financial theories, practices, tax, and applicable legislation
- General knowledge of gaming regulatory policies (as applicable), procedures and filings required for finance department preferred
- Strong knowledge of accounting software; computer skills including spreadsheets, database software, email, web browsers and experience with Great Plains is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Why Work with Us?
Gateway celebrates and empowers our team members, who make it all possible. A career at Gateway means working with great people, being recognized for your unique contribution and career advancement opportunities across our 27 locations. Our employees thrive with ongoing training and leadership programs while working in a dynamic and fun environment. See for yourself what it?s like to be on a team that values your vision, skill and energy.
Get to Know Gateway
Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Limited (?Gateway?) is one of the largest and most diversified gaming and entertainment companies in Canada. Across its 27 gaming properties in British Columbia, Ontario and Edmonton, Alberta, Gateway currently employs approximately 8,648 people and boasts approximately 448 table games (including 49 poker tables), 13,887 slots, 85 restaurants and bars and 561 hotel rooms. Gateway is the service provider for the Central, Southwest and North gaming Bundles in Ontario, which includes 11 properties in their portfolio. A multi-pronged growth strategy has seen Gateway diversify and expand its product offering, including developing proprietary casino and restaurant brands, dramatically improving the gaming customer experience while attracting new customers. Some of Gateway's proprietary brands include Match Eatery & Public House, Atlas Steak + Fish and the new Halley's Club. In 2017, Gateway celebrated 25 years in the business of gaming and entertainment in Canada. Further information is available at www.gatewaycasinos.com.
Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers social media pages!
Gateway is a proud equal opportunity employer and dedicates itself to Respect, Integrity, Team-Work and Exceptional Customer Service. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free candidate experience and work environment. If you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know.