IT Security Manager
Job Type: Full-Time
The Gateway to Your Future
This role is responsible for leading team(s) of Information Security technical specialists/analysts to provide support and technology solutions to ensure the protection and integrity of Gateway Corporate and Gaming Management System and supporting infrastructure are maintained at all times in accordance with established standards.
- Full benefits package for full-time employees
- Retirement savings plan
- Exciting, supportive and fun work environment
- Family and friends discounts on travel, tech, food, beverage, and fitness
- Development and training opportunities
- Manage and lead a high performance team of Information Security Professionals by providing technical leadership
- Initiates, facilitates and promote activities to increase the level of information protection awareness within the company
- Sponsor security related projects and implements process and methods to raise the maturity of Security governance and execution within the company while improving the security of information assets
- Provide ongoing evaluation of security measures, reporting findings to security management, identifying any vulnerabilities and make recommendations to reduce exposure.
- Ensure systems and client programs are designed in accordance with data protection policies and guidelines
- Investigate and manage security related incidents and Conduct Threat Risk Assessments
- Manage and participates in the design, planning and implementation of security for all IT and business projects
- Act as Minacs' representative for all security and/or Business Continuity audits, reviews, certifications or inquiries with internal and external clients.
- Act as the Liaison between the Compliance team, Operations team and OLG to ensure compliance with OLG needs.
- Monitor information system activities for security events and record such events
- Oversee security auditing and compliance audit in support of overall corporate compliance needs
- Lead system owners through the management, process and mitigation of vulnerabilities including implementing system-hardening guidelines
- Maintain documentation on information protection practices, policies and procedures.
- Facilitate implementation of data protection technologies
- Ensure functionality and maintenance of physical security controls, redundant power and environment detection systems.
- Review new business opportunities to ensure proper privacy/security/business continuity requirements are appropriate, and adequately captured.
- Review and approve change control requests.
- Ensure compliance with all state and federal telemarketing compliance laws.
- Provide primary support and ongoing administration of the modular and integrated Bally’s Gaming Management Platform
- You will be responsible for influencing the technology roadmaps, platforms and solutions for our applications
- You will develop a deep understanding of the GMS application architecture and workflows that make-up the application. This includes all of the integrations with upstream and downstream systems as relates to data storage, processing and movement.
- Identify potential areas for service improvement and raise proposals with the Service Owner.
- Solid experience with web, database and cloud technologies
- Effective management of service requests, ensuring that requests are prioritized, escalated and resolved in the most appropriate manner
- Take the lead on major incident resolution and communication; point of escalation for application and customer-service issues
- Ensure incident and problem records are up-to-date
- Ensure all SOP documentation is up-to-date. Accountable for the accuracy of configuration items and documentation relating to the application services
- Create service reports describing status of services managed.
- Some travel may be required
What You Bring
- Bachelors degree in Technology, Science or Engineering
- Customer Service orientation with a strong bias toward action
- 5+ years experience in managing and leading a team of Application Support or Application Management.
- 10+ years’ experience in a hands-on role supporting business application systems
- 5-7 years of experience managing an Application Support/Solution delivery team, preferably in a Casino or Gaming and Entertainment industry or other large corporate environment
- 5+ years in a technical leadership role in supporting an integrated application environment
- Strong leadership/facilitation, communication and presentation skills, that will enable the candidate to collaborate with cross functional technical teams along with enhancing both business and team member relationships
- Experience in DR runbook and execution in a mission-critical high availability environment.
- Experience in Middleware management
- Experience in providing services to agreed SLAs and OLAs
- Flexible in working outside of core business hours at short-notice
- Good understanding of Microsoft and Linux technology stacks, including awareness of cloud computing architecture.
- Understanding of technical IT issues to enable discussions with internal and external technical specialists
- ITIL Certification
- Experience using Service/Incident Management Tools
- Experience working with offshore teams.
- Have a strong technical/systems background
- Review processes and implement efficiency enhancing procedures
- Regularly interface with internal and external clients to successfully implement solutions.
- Track industry trends, understand internal product development and interact with internal and external stakeholders:
- Promote, justify and lead the development of new products and functionality
- Excellent communication, organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to use and understand Microsoft Office Applications (Project, Excel, Words, Visio, etc.) email, Internet navigation and presentation software (PowerPoint or other software).
- Strong understanding of casino products (slots & table games), systems and/or similar environments
- Knowledge of Bally’s Gaming Management System (GMS) V15
- Excellent organization, written and client facing skills
- Experience of the entire project life cycle, able to operate in the initial conceptual design stage
- Broad understanding of security technology.
- In depth understanding of information security policies and risk analysis
- Ability to perform vulnerability identification, assessment and mitigation in heterogeneous environments.
- Ability to perform periodic internal audits to ensure compliance with Security policy and guidelines
- Experience in dealing with a wide range of technical and non-technical personnel and issues.
- Have familiarity with vulnerability assessment and security auditing tools., security administration tools, security scanning tools, web application technologies, technical security implementations (Router ACLs & Firewall Rules definition), multi-platform access controls, cryptography, digital certificate creation/administration, physical security controls and administration.
- Ability to instruct employees in security awareness and practices.
- Ability to relate business requirements and risks to technology implementation for security related issues.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of MS Windows, and UNIX operating system controls and platforms
- Knowledgeable of network operations, controls and components.
- In depth knowledge of business continuity & disaster recovery concepts, controls and processes.
- Must work well under tight deadlines and schedules.
Why Work With Us?
Gateway celebrates and empowers our team members, who make it all possible. A career at Gateway means working with great people, being recognized for your unique contribution and career advancement opportunities across our 27 locations. Our employees thrive with ongoing training and leadership programs while working in a dynamic and fun environment. See for yourself what it?s like to be on a team that values your vision, skill and energy.
Get to Know Gateway
Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Limited (?Gateway?) is one of the largest and most diversified gaming and entertainment companies in Canada. Across its 27 gaming properties in British Columbia, Ontario and Edmonton, Alberta, Gateway currently employs approximately 8,648 people and boasts approximately 448 table games (including 49 poker tables), 13,887 slots, 85 restaurants and bars and 561 hotel rooms. Gateway is the service provider for the Central, Southwest and North gaming Bundles in Ontario, which includes 11 properties in their portfolio. A multi-pronged growth strategy has seen Gateway diversify and expand its product offering, including developing proprietary casino and restaurant brands, dramatically improving the gaming customer experience while attracting new customers. Some of Gateway's proprietary brands include Match Eatery & Public House, Atlas Steak + Fish and the new Halley's Club. In 2017, Gateway celebrated 25 years in the business of gaming and entertainment in Canada. Further information is available at www.gatewaycasinos.com.
What Is Next
Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers social media pages!
Gateway is a proud equal opportunity employer and dedicates itself to Respect, Integrity, Team-Work and Exceptional Customer Service. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free candidate experience and work environment. If you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know.