Food and Beverage Systems Assistant
Job Type: Full-Time
Who We Are
Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Limited (“Gateway”) is one of the largest and most diversified gaming and entertainment companies in Canada. Across its 27 gaming properties in British Columbia, Ontario and Edmonton, Alberta, Gateway currently employs approximately 8,648 people and boasts approximately 448 table games (including 49 poker tables), 13,887 slots, 85 restaurants and bars and 561 hotel rooms. Gateway is the service provider for the Central, Southwest and North gaming Bundles in Ontario, which includes 11 properties in their portfolio. A multi-pronged growth strategy has seen Gateway diversify and expand its product offering, including developing proprietary casino and restaurant brands, dramatically improving the gaming customer experience while attracting new customers. Some of Gateway's proprietary brands include Match Eatery & Public House, Atlas Steak + Fish and the new Halley’s Club. In 2017, Gateway celebrated 25 years in the business of gaming and entertainment in Canada. Further information is available at www.gatewaycasinos.com.
Why Work For Us
Gateway celebrates and empowers those employees who made it all possible. A career at Gateway means great people, a great atmosphere and career advancement opportunities across our 26 locations. Our employees thrive with ongoing training and leadership programs for all while working in an engaging and fun environment. Join us today!
The Food and Beverage Systems Assistant will be responsible for assisting with the implementation, technical training of staff and the ongoing functionality of systems such as the point of sale (Micros) and inventory (Optimum Control) system. This position will Support the Food and Beverage Systems Administrator in ensuring customer service, food and beverage standards and policies and procedures are followed. Co-manages and supports the POS system and inventory system.
- Assists the Food and Beverage Systems Administrator and all Gateway sites to ensure that the POS system and inventory system are maintained and functional for Gateway needs and in accordance with corporate direction.
- Works as a team with the Food and Beverage Systems Administrator, Information Technology Department, Accounting, Marketing, and F&B Site Managers/Chefs to ensure that the POS system is set up and maintained in accordance with corporate direction, and to ensure that POS data and reporting are valid, accurate, and complete.
- Works as a team with the Food and Beverage Systems Administrator to develop and mentor staff concerning operation of POS system and inventory system in accordance with corporate direction.
- Supports the Food and Beverage Systems Administrator to ensure that a high level of effective communication is maintained with sites and various department managers as required to maintain both the POS system and Inventory system.
- Supports, monitors and troubleshoots POS system issues and changes including menu changes and transaction payments.
- Installs the POS system onsite and provides training for managers and F&B staff.
- Assists with the set-up programming, and entering changes into POS and Inventory system at all locations including menu items, tax rates, promotions, discount codes, and inventory items.
- Co-administers the MyMicros reporting system including but not limited to alignment of all items, assisting sites with formatting reports and understanding the reports available.
- Identifies and analyzes opportunities to streamline and ensure consistency in menu items recorded in Micros and inventory in Optimum Control across all Gateway sites.
- Follows up on outstanding items and maintains the systems as required.
- Other duties as required.
What You’ll Require
- Minimum 1-2 years management experience in the food and beverage industry
- Post-secondary education in Hospitality or a related field
- Provincial “Serving it Right” and “Food Safe” certificates required
- Strong restaurant operation and food and beverage knowledge
- Passion for excellence in customer service and the ability to lead by example
- Working knowledge of ERP, inventory, and POS systems
- Working knowledge of spreadsheets, word processing, point of sale, presentation and inventory software
- Good observation skills and natural attention to detail
- Ability to define problems, collect data, plan and implement resolutions
What Is Next
Love what you see so far? For the best chance to hear from us, apply within 30 days of the posting date.
Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers social media pages!