Swing, Thu/Fri OFF Sun - Wed 16:30 - 00:30 Sat 17:00 - 01:00
Start Rate: $20.75; 1-Year Hour Rate: $23.06
*Note: For those who do not possess their Red Seal, wage is subject to Schedule A of the Collective Agreement, which is 90% of the Rate of Pay for the First Cook classification until proof of Red Seal achievement is provided.
# of Vacancies:
IMPORTANT: Bargaining unit members will be considered first for this position. Successful applicant must possess the skill, ability and knowledge required to perform this position.
Who We Are
Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Limited (“Gateway”) is one of the largest and most diversified gaming and entertainment companies in Canada. Across its 27 gaming properties in British Columbia, Ontario and Edmonton, Alberta, Gateway currently employs approximately 8,648 people and boasts approximately 448 table games (including 49 poker tables), 13,887 slots, 85 restaurants and bars and 561 hotel rooms. Gateway is the service provider for the Central, Southwest and North gaming Bundles in Ontario, which includes 11 properties in their portfolio. A multi-pronged growth strategy has seen Gateway diversify and expand its product offering, including developing proprietary casino and restaurant brands, dramatically improving the gaming customer experience while attracting new customers. Some of Gateway's proprietary brands include Match Eatery & Public House, Atlas Steak + Fish and the new Halley’s Club. In 2017, Gateway celebrated 25 years in the business of gaming and entertainment in Canada. Further information is available at www.gatewaycasinos.com.
Why Work For Us
Gateway celebrates and empowers those employees who made it all possible. A career at Gateway means great people, a great atmosphere and career advancement opportunities across our locations. Our employees thrive with ongoing training and leadership programs for all while working in an engaging and fun environment. Join us today!
Do you possess a passion for fine cuisine and a desire to expand your culinary mind? If this fits your profile, then we are waiting for you to join the limelight in the area's best culinary team! In the role of First Cook, an energetic candidate who enjoys a fast paced environment would excel. If you have proven experience and are looking for an opportunity to be inspired, Casino Rama's Culinary Department is the place for you.
- Preparation of all pertinent food items for work station and able to maintain department levels of production and guest expectations in the department in the absence of the Chef de Partie
- Maintain health and safety standards
- Must provide superior customer service, to both internal and external customers
- Ensure that the team is working to expectations and standard.
- Perform other duties as assigned
What You’ll Require
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years of progressive, recognized culinary experience in a large kitchen / similar working environment or 2.5 years of progressive culinary experience and be a graduate of a recognized culinary institution / program
- Must have experience in the following areas: Garde Manger, Hot Kitchen and Line Cooking
- French language skills (verbal and written) are an asset
- Ability to train 2nd and 3rd Cooks
- Red Seal required or ability to obtain within one (1) year of hire date.
- All employees at Casino Rama are expected to:
- Comply with the duties of workers or supervisors, as prescribed by Section 27 or 28 of the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Comply with all applicable Casino Rama Occupational Health and Safety policies, procedures and protocols
- Demonstrate a positive health and safety attitude to ensure Casino Rama continuously provides a safe entertainment destination for patrons and co-workers
What Is Next
Love what you see so far? For the best chance to hear from us, apply within 7 days of the posting date. Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers social media pages!
**Gateway will post/recruit in accordance with the terms and conditions of applicable Collective Agreements
Gateway is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require accommodation to apply or if selected to participate in an assessment process, please advise Human Resources.
To ensure that Casino Rama Resort is compliant with Provincial Regulations governing the age that you are able to enter/access a casino, no individuals that are under the age of nineteen (19) are permitted to access the Gaming Floor unless explicit approval has been received (i.e. hired as an employee). As such, we must conduct all interviews and meetings with applicant that are eighteen (18) years of age in either Casino Rama Resorts hotel or Kinoomaagewgamig Gii Teg (Administration Building). If this applies to you, please ensure that you are notifying the Recruiter associated with this job posting at the time of being offered to meet or being scheduled for an interview.