Cedar Express Attendant
Job Type: Part-Time
Cedar Express Attendant
Food & Beverage
Start Rate:$15.63; 520 Hour Rate:$17.59; 1 Year Rate:$19.54
# of Vacancies:
IMPORTANT: Bargaining unit members will be considered first for this position. Successful applicant must possess the skill, ability and knowledge required to perform this position.
Who We Are
Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Limited (“Gateway”) is one of the largest and most diversified gaming and entertainment companies in Canada. Across its 27 gaming properties in British Columbia, Ontario and Edmonton, Alberta, Gateway currently employs approximately 8,648 people and boasts approximately 448 table games (including 49 poker tables), 13,887 slots, 85 restaurants and bars and 561 hotel rooms. Gateway is the service provider for the Central, Southwest and North gaming Bundles in Ontario, which includes 11 properties in their portfolio. A multi-pronged growth strategy has seen Gateway diversify and expand its product offering, including developing proprietary casino and restaurant brands, dramatically improving the gaming customer experience while attracting new customers. Some of Gateway's proprietary brands include Match Eatery & Public House, Atlas Steak + Fish and the new Halley’s Club. In 2017, Gateway celebrated 25 years in the business of gaming and entertainment in Canada. Further information is available at www.gatewaycasinos.com.
Why Work For Us
Gateway celebrates and empowers those employees who made it all possible. A career at Gateway means great people, a great atmosphere and career advancement opportunities across our locations. Our employees thrive with ongoing training and leadership programs for all while working in an engaging and fun environment. Join us today!
- Prepare beverages and Barista Specialty Coffees
- Serve patrons and tender transactions
- Maintain, rotate and stock all products
- Maintain cleanliness of all areas and machinery
- Assist in clean-up of spillage
- Complete understanding of tendering options within Casino Rama
- Operate POS system in efficient manner
- Must directly or indirectly provide superior customer service and promote excellent employee relations with co-workers
- Greet, serve and interact with guests in accordance with the Cedar Restaurant Service Manual
- Understand and comply with all Casino Rama Policies and Procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned
What You’ll Require:
- Ability to tender own transactions
- Experience in high volume food production and service an asset
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to provide excellent customer service
- Must be capable of working in a small working service area
- Pleasant, enthusiastic and energetic
- Must be flexible to work all shifts, weekends and holidays
- French language skills (verbal and written) are an asset
- All employees at Casino Rama are expected to:
- Comply with the duties of workers or supervisors, as prescribed by Section 27 or 28 of the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Comply with all applicable Casino Rama Occupational Health and Safety policies, procedures and protocols
- Demonstrate a positive health and safety attitude to ensure Casino Rama continuously provides a safe entertainment destination for patrons and co-workers
What Is Next
Love what you see so far? For the best chance to hear from us, apply within 7 days of the posting date. Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers social media pages!
**Gateway will post/recruit in accordance with the terms and conditions of applicable Collective Agreements
Gateway is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require accommodation to apply or if selected to participate in an assessment process, please advise Human Resources.
To ensure that Casino Rama Resort is compliant with Provincial Regulations governing the age that you are able to enter/access a casino, no individuals that are under the age of nineteen (19) are permitted to access the Gaming Floor unless explicit approval has been received (i.e. hired as an employee). As such, we must conduct all interviews and meetings with applicant that are eighteen (18) years of age in either Casino Rama Resorts hotel or Kinoomaagewgamig Gii Teg (Administration Building). If this applies to you, please ensure that you are notifying the Recruiter associated with this job posting at the time of being offered to meet or being scheduled for an interview.