Culinary Operations Manager
Job Type: Full-Time
The Gateway to Your Future
This position is responsible for providing functional support and mentorship to all site level culinary operations. The role facilitates and leads culinary training, performs operational audits and provides coaching and mentorship to site level culinary teams. This position is responsible for ensuring projects are completed on time, on budget and to the highest standard.
- Full benefits package for full-time employees
- Retirement savings plan
- Exciting, supportive and fun work environment
- Family and friends discounts on travel, tech, food, beverage, and fitness
- Development and training opportunities
- Provides functional support for all properties to ensure they have resources necessary to be successful.
- Leads training at new openings and facilitates follow up training where required.
- Supports menu refresh and roll outs.
- Performs operational audits and quality assurance checks of culinary practices and processes.
- Provides coaching and development to site Food and Beverage teams.
- Maintains positive relationships and open lines of communication with all Food and Beverage operations.
- Assists in development of culinary training materials.
- Assists in development of audit tools and resources.
- Conducts conference calls for managers and training leads.
- Understands and practices safe food handling procedures.
- Supports opening management teams in their preparation for the opening of culinary venues at all sites.
- Supports CBA development.
- Accountable for adherence to training/operational budgets.
What You Bring
- Diploma or Degree in Culinary Arts, Restaurant Management with 4 to 6 years of experience in restaurant supervision, as a Chef or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Member of the Canadian Chefs Association
- Red Seal certification or equivalent preferred
- Provincial certifications for alcohol service, food preparation and gaming
- Ability to travel for multiple weeks of the year as part of the job scope
- Demonstrated management & leadership skills
- Demonstrates and promotes teamwork
- Knowledge of Human Resources processes and concepts
- Knowledge of union agreements and experience with application of the language
- Excellent customer service and public relations skills including demonstrated ability to be attentive, friendly, courteous, polite and patient
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Must be a compelling public speaker
- Self-motivated and able to multi-task
- Strong time management skills
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
- Knowledgeable in safety and fire prevention/evacuation procedures
- General understanding of overall casino operations
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Computer skills: MS Excel, word processing, email, scheduling, Micros, inventory control programs
Why Work with Us?
Gateway celebrates and empowers our team members, who make it all possible. A career at Gateway means working with great people, being recognized for your unique contribution and career advancement opportunities across our 27 locations. Our employees thrive with ongoing training and leadership programs while working in a dynamic and fun environment. See for yourself what it?s like to be on a team that values your vision, skill and energy.
Get to Know Gateway
Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Limited (?Gateway?) is one of the largest and most diversified gaming and entertainment companies in Canada. Across its 27 gaming properties in British Columbia, Ontario and Edmonton, Alberta, Gateway currently employs approximately 8,648 people and boasts approximately 448 table games (including 49 poker tables), 13,887 slots, 85 restaurants and bars and 561 hotel rooms. Gateway is the service provider for the Central, Southwest and North gaming Bundles in Ontario, which includes 11 properties in their portfolio. A multi-pronged growth strategy has seen Gateway diversify and expand its product offering, including developing proprietary casino and restaurant brands, dramatically improving the gaming customer experience while attracting new customers. Some of Gateway's proprietary brands include Match Eatery & Public House, Atlas Steak + Fish and the new Halley's Club. In 2017, Gateway celebrated 25 years in the business of gaming and entertainment in Canada. Further information is available at www.gatewaycasinos.com.
Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers social media pages!
Gateway is a proud equal opportunity employer and dedicates itself to Respect, Integrity, Team-Work and Exceptional Customer Service. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free candidate experience and work environment. If you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know.