Project Coordinator, Property Development
Job Type: Full-Time
The Gateway to Your Future
As a Project Coordinator, Property Development, your job will involve taking the lead on small construction and renovation projects. You will assist and collaborate with internal stakeholders, architects, designers, general contractors, subcontractors and other business partners; take ownership and manage projects to ensure that they are completed on time and to budget; and to ensure that projects are being delivered to the highest quality.
- Full benefits package for full-time employees
- Retirement savings plan
- Exciting, supportive and fun work environment
- Family and friends discounts on travel, tech, food, beverage, and fitness
- Development and training opportunities
- Assist and/or collaborates with the senior management team and external stakeholders to prepare project planning, budgeting and identification of resources required.
- Provides accurate and relevant data on project progress; assists and/or manages the tender program, review and provides recommendations to the senior management team.
- Assists and/or plans all project timelines, phases and milestones, critical path, turn over and occupancy dates, deliverables and project close out.
- Manages project startup, building permits, construction process, project commissioning, turnover and occupancy.
- Establishes a project charter for each approved project and delivers mechanisms for tracking and reporting to stakeholders via a formal communications plan.
- Assists in the selection and management of any required sub-trades for a project and manages internal or external contractors or trades.
- Reviews and comments on shop drawings, RFIs, COs and other construction related documents in collaboration with consultants, and ensures all contractual issues are resolved and dealt with in a timely manner.
- Conducts project reviews and debriefs in order to identify areas for improvement; makes recommendations based on findings.
- Interfaces with internal stakeholders, architects, engineers, subcontractors, security, etc.
- Authorizes/approves all project purchase requisitions, change requests, etc. as permitted.
What You Bring
- Technologist or architecture degree or diploma, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Three to five years? experience with local large scale development and construction projects, working directly for the owners
- Restaurant construction experience is asset
- SAP experience is an asset
- Expert level project management experience to manage multiple and various types of projects, priorities and deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills and team orientation with flexibility and resilience in dealing with a variety of different personalities
- Proficiency with email, Word, Excel, Web browsers and Project Management software
- Smart, intelligent, fun, goal oriented and driven by integrity
Why Work With Us?
Gateway celebrates and empowers our team members, who make it all possible. A career at Gateway means working with great people, being recognized for your unique contribution and career advancement opportunities across our 27 locations. Our employees thrive with ongoing training and leadership programs while working in a dynamic and fun environment. See for yourself what it?s like to be on a team that values your vision, skill and energy.
Get to Know Gateway
Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Limited (?Gateway?) is one of the largest and most diversified gaming and entertainment companies in Canada. Across its 27 gaming properties in British Columbia, Ontario and Edmonton, Alberta, Gateway currently employs approximately 8,648 people and boasts approximately 448 table games (including 49 poker tables), 13,887 slots, 85 restaurants and bars and 561 hotel rooms. Gateway is the service provider for the Central, Southwest and North gaming Bundles in Ontario, which includes 11 properties in their portfolio. A multi-pronged growth strategy has seen Gateway diversify and expand its product offering, including developing proprietary casino and restaurant brands, dramatically improving the gaming customer experience while attracting new customers. Some of Gateway's proprietary brands include Match Eatery & Public House, Atlas Steak + Fish and the new Halley?s Club. In 2017, Gateway celebrated 25 years in the business of gaming and entertainment in Canada. Further information is available at www.gatewaycasinos.com.
Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers social media pages!
Gateway is a proud equal opportunity employer and dedicates itself to Respect, Integrity, Team-Work and Exceptional Customer Service. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free candidate experience and work environment. If you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know.