Job Type: Full-Time
The Gateway to Your Future
The Accountant provides assistance to the Accounting Team by processing, reconciling, generating reports and any other activity related in order to ensure that all relevant activity related to month end is processed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Full benefits package for full-time employees
- Retirement savings plan
- Exciting, supportive and fun work environment
- Family and friends discounts on travel, tech, food, beverage, and fitness
- Development and training opportunities
- Prepares bank reconciliations, bank journal entries, and bank deposits and as arranges official procedures involved.
- Records fixed assets additions in accordance with IFRS and maintains fixed asset sub ledger.
- Records payroll for corporate office and community gaming centers.
- Prepares cost reports or statements for ongoing projects.
- Updates company?s debt schedules and performs the interest expense calculation.
- Assists with the preparation of schedules that support note disclosures to financial statements.
- Prepares monthly consolidated financial reporting package, budget-to-actual variance analysis for Corporate, and account reconciliations.
- Supervises and trains A/P staff on invoice processing and bank reconciliation.
- Arranges for on-time completion and filings of HST, WCB and NRT tax returns.
- Prepares capital reimbursement submissions for all Gateway sites.
- Liaises with external auditors and prepares working papers as requested.
- Assists with ad-hoc accounting duties and special projects as requested.
What You Bring
- Two years+ experience in an accounting position
- Post-secondary diploma/degree in Accounting preferred
- Enrolled in the CPA/CMA/CGA program
- General knowledge of Accounting and Financial theories, practices, tax, legislation and resources
- Detail oriented, resourceful, and efficient
- Strong knowledge of accounting software, experience with Great Plains, SAP and WorkPlace is preferred
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of spreadsheets (Ms Excel), data based software, email and web browsers
- Ability to exercise tact and discretion in dealing with sensitive and confidential information
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Why Work With Us?
Gateway celebrates and empowers our team members, who make it all possible. A career at Gateway means working with great people, being recognized for your unique contribution and career advancement opportunities across our 27 locations. Our employees thrive with ongoing training and leadership programs while working in a dynamic and fun environment. See for yourself what it's like to be on a team that values your vision, skill and energy.
Get to Know Gateway
Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Limited (Gateway) is one of the largest and most diversified gaming and entertainment companies in Canada. Across its 27 gaming properties in British Columbia, Ontario and Edmonton, Alberta, Gateway currently employs approximately 8,648 people and boasts approximately 448 table games (including 49 poker tables), 13,887 slots, 85 restaurants and bars and 561 hotel rooms. Gateway is the service provider for the Central, Southwest and North gaming Bundles in Ontario, which includes 11 properties in their portfolio. A multi-pronged growth strategy has seen Gateway diversify and expand its product offering, including developing proprietary casino and restaurant brands, dramatically improving the gaming customer experience while attracting new customers. Some of Gateway's proprietary brands include Match Eatery & Public House, Atlas Steak + Fish and the new Halley's Club. In 2017, Gateway celebrated 25 years in the business of gaming and entertainment in Canada. Further information is available at www.gatewaycasinos.com.
Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers social media pages!
Gateway is a proud equal opportunity employer and dedicates itself to Respect, Integrity, Team-Work and Exceptional Customer Service. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free candidate experience and work environment. If you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know.