Job type: Full-time
The Gateway to Your Future
The Sales Manager is responsible for promoting and driving sales, revenue growth and client retention strategies to the Hotel and Conference Centre through prospecting and qualifying sales calls; attending trade shows and community events; preparing proposals and contracts; completing weekly sales reports; conducting site tours; and building / carrying out the sales plan. This amazing opportunity calls for a high flier professional with an entrepreneurial spirit, excellent organization skills and an innovative customer service talent who will assist in the development and implementation of the sales and marketing plan.
- Full benefits package for full-time employees
- Retirement savings plan
- Exciting, supportive and fun work environment
- Family and friends discounts on travel, tech, food, beverage, and fitness
- Development and training opportunities
- Prepares sales plan, forecast, activity and production reports.
- Identifies client needs through market analysis.
- Assists with the development of the annual marketing plan and budget for the entire property.
- Positions the organization strategically within the marketplace, maintains and enhances its excellent reputation. Attends trade shows and community events and develops strong relationship with tourism sector, community stakeholders and other associations.
- Maintains and utilizes database(s) for client relations and customer solicitation.
- Assists with development of online social media strategies and with the execution of an E-Marketing strategy to include all online marketing efforts of the business.
- Actively pursues convention and guest room revenue opportunities for the facility through sourcing new business and following up on all functions to maximize rebooking potential.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of competitors and opportunities in the Hospitality and Casino marketplace.
What You Bring
- Previous Sales experience including a minimum of three to five years in the hospitality sector.
- Diploma or Degree in hospitality management preferred or an equivalent combination of education, and experience
- Experience with the development and execution of business, marketing, sales action plans and operating budgets
- Strong leadership and development skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid customer service skills including ability to communicate effectively with a diverse customer group
- Working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, publishing software, presentation programs, email and web browsers.
- Some travel required.
- Knowledge and work experience in the group travel industry is an asset
Why Work With Us?
Gateway celebrates and empowers our team members, who make it all possible. A career at Gateway means working with great people, being recognized for your unique contribution and career advancement opportunities across our 29 locations. Our employees thrive with ongoing training and leadership programs while working in a dynamic and fun environment. See for yourself what its like to be on a team that values your vision, skill and energy.
Get to Know Gateway
Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Limited (“Gateway”) is one of the largest and most diversified gaming and entertainment companies in Canada with 27 gaming properties in British Columbia and Ontario and two additional properties in Edmonton, Alberta. Across its entire portfolio, Gateway currently employs approximately 7,000 people and features approximately 334 table games (including 27 poker tables), 13,555 slots, 91 food and beverage outlets and 561 hotel rooms. A multi-pronged growth strategy has seen Gateway diversify and expand its product offering, including developing proprietary casino and restaurant brands, dramatically improving the gaming customer experience while attracting new customers. Some of Gateway's proprietary brands include Match Eatery & Public House, Atlas Steak + Fish and the new Halley’s Club. In 2022, Gateway will celebrate 30 years in the business of gaming and entertainment in Canada. Additional information is available at www.gatewaycasinos.com.
Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers social media pages!
Gateway is a proud equal opportunity employer and dedicates itself to Respect, Integrity, Team-Work and Exceptional Customer Service. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free candidate experience and work environment. If you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know.