Junior Project Accountant
Job Type: Full-Time
The Gateway to Your Future
This junior role provides assistance to the Accounting Team by processing, reconciling, generating reports and providing other related support in order to ensure that all relevant activity related to month end is processed in an accurate and timely manner.
This junior role provides assistance to the project accounting team in managing project contracts, purchase orders, change orders and invoices throughout the project life cycle in accordance with Gateway approved policies.
- Full benefits package for full-time employees
- Retirement savings plan
- Exciting, supportive and fun work environment
- Family and friends discounts on travel, tech, food, beverage, and fitness
- Development and training opportunities
- Month-end and corporate CAD and USD bank reconciliations.
- Accounts payable processing, including processing invoices, following up with vendors and resolving discrepancies in a timely manner and issuing cheques
- Prepares documents, processes and reconciles internal (inter-co company) and external accounts.
- Maintains systems for invoice approval, authorization, processing and distribution of payments.
- Works with other departments, sites and external auditors.
- Serves as a partner to Project Coordinators and Project Managers and assists with monitoring and tracking project budgets, projects commitments, projects costs and project financials forecast
- Facilitates the financial reporting process by preparing project cost reports.
- Assists with ad-hoc accounting oriented functions and formalities, as requested.
- Ensures accounting files are organized and updated.
- Responds to inquiries. If an inquiry requires other assistance, redirects it to the attention of the appropriate party.
- Documents project accounting process documentations as required
- Ensuring all assigned functions are carried out in compliance with approved policies, key controls and practices
What You Bring
- 1 year experience in a similar role within an accounting department and/or equivalent combination of related education and experience
- Post-secondary diploma/degree in Accounting, Business or Finance preferred
- Current enrollment in CPA program is an asset
- General knowledge of project accounting and finance theories, practices, tax, legislation and resources
- Detail-oriented, resourceful, and efficient
- Strong knowledge of spreadsheets (MS Excel), and accounting software, experience with Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains and SAP is preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse customer group
- Ability to aid in defining and solving problems; able to collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions
- Ability to plan, organize and effectively manage multiple priorities
- Ability to perform efficiently in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment
Why Work With Us?
Gateway celebrates and empowers our team members, who make it all possible. A career at Gateway means working with great people, being recognized for your unique contribution and career advancement opportunities across our 27 locations. Our employees thrive with ongoing training and leadership programs while working in a dynamic and fun environment. See for yourself what it?s like to be on a team that values your vision, skill and energy.
Get to Know Gateway
Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Limited (Gateway) is one of the largest and most diversified gaming and entertainment companies in Canada. Across its 27 gaming properties in British Columbia, Ontario and Edmonton, Alberta, Gateway currently employs approximately 8,648 people and boasts approximately 448 table games (including 49 poker tables), 13,887 slots, 85 restaurants and bars and 561 hotel rooms. Gateway is the service provider for the Central, Southwest and North gaming Bundles in Ontario, which includes 11 properties in their portfolio. A multi-pronged growth strategy has seen Gateway diversify and expand its product offering, including developing proprietary casino and restaurant brands, dramatically improving the gaming customer experience while attracting new customers. Some of Gateway's proprietary brands include Match Eatery & Public House, Atlas Steak + Fish and the new Halley's Club. In 2017, Gateway celebrated 25 years in the business of gaming and entertainment in Canada. Further information is available at www.gatewaycasinos.com.
What Is Next
Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers social media pages!
Gateway is a proud equal opportunity employer and dedicates itself to Respect, Integrity, Team-Work and Exceptional Customer Service. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free candidate experience and work environment. If you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know.