Job Type: Part-Time
The Gateway to Your Future
Custodians are responsible for the safety, cleanliness and security of the facility. Successful candidates require an understanding of standard cleaning procedures, chemicals, products and equipment and the use and application of cleaning chemicals and products
- Full benefits package for full-time employees
- Retirement savings plan
- Exciting, supportive and fun work environment
- Family and friends discounts on travel, tech, food, beverage, and fitness
- Development and training opportunities
A Great Fit, If You
- Like to mentor and lead others by example
- Love to deliver extraordinary service and have a sense of urgency to provide solutions
- Can manage your time well, handle multiple responsibilities and enjoy working in a team environment
- Are a night owl who benefits from working evenings and weekends
- Able to operate tools and equipment required to perform the functions of a Custodian
- Physically capable of performing all assigned duties
- Ability to make decisions, solve problems and manage time effectively
- Proven dependability and reliability
- Ability to work with little or no supervision and also as a team player
What You Bring
- Knowledge of standard cleaning procedures, chemicals, products and equipment.
- Ability to multi-task with excellent observation skills
- Effective verbal and listening communications skills
- Have a calm demeanor under pressure
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for up to 8 hours.
- Must be able to lift, pull or push up to 25 lbs.
- Must be available to be scheduled for any shift including weekends, holidays, and special events.
Why Work for Us?
Gateway celebrates and empowers our team members, who make it all possible. A career at Gateway means working with great people, being recognized for your unique contribution and career advancement opportunities across our 27 locations. Our employees thrive with ongoing training and leadership programs while working in a dynamic and fun environment. See for yourself what it’s like to be on a team that values your vision, skill and energy.
Get to Know Gateway
Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Limited (“Gateway”) is one of the largest and most diversified gaming and entertainment companies in Canada. Across its 27 gaming properties in British Columbia, Ontario and Edmonton, Alberta, Gateway currently employs approximately 8,648 people and boasts approximately 448 table games (including 49 poker tables), 13,887 slots, 85 restaurants and bars and 561 hotel rooms. Gateway is the service provider for the Central, Southwest and North gaming Bundles in Ontario, which includes 11 properties in their portfolio. A multi-pronged growth strategy has seen Gateway diversify and expand its product offering, including developing proprietary casino and restaurant brands, dramatically improving the gaming customer experience while attracting new customers. Some of Gateway's proprietary brands include Match Eatery & Public House, Atlas Steak + Fish and the new Halley's Club. In 2017, Gateway celebrated 25 years in the business of gaming and entertainment in Canada. Further information is available at www.gatewaycasinos.com.
Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers social media pages!
Gateway is a proud equal opportunity employer and dedicates itself to Respect, Integrity, Team-Work and Exceptional Customer Service. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free candidate experience and work environment. If you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know.