Business Development Executive
Who are we?
We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, help families and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help them get the finance they need to thrive, creating thousands of jobs as they drive the economy forward.
So, we created the leading online marketplace for small business loans. Our investors have lent £13.7 billion in 171,000 loans to 122,000 small business owners. In a single year, we unlocked 100,000 jobs and contributed £7.2 billion to the UK economy. There’s never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let’s build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
The Business Development Executive role sits within our Inside Sales team in the high performing Introducer Channel.
What will you be doing?
We are looking for a Business Development Executive to support and drive the growth of business lending through introducers i.e. commercial mortgage/asset Introducers, business consultants, accountants etc. You will balance managing a healthy & high-performing pipeline of applications whilst nurturing and growing relationships within our Introducer network.
- Nurturing your pipeline of loan applications via Introducers from SME businesses
- Managing relationships with Introducers in your portfolio via the telephone (not face to face)
- Demonstrating excellent telephone and email communications & supporting your introducers on a day-to-day basis in ensuring SME's access to finance in a quick and efficient process
- Helping to develop and grow your Introducers accounts into key accounts
- Grow the number of SME loan applications via every individual Introducer in your portfolio
- Communicative: you easily connect with people, demonstrate natural interpersonal skills & bring a positive energy
- Driven: motivated by success in numbers, and driven to achieve your monthly targets
- Organised: you know how to organise your day and week
- Learning: quick to learn, understand, take on feedback and explain complex concepts and products.
- Grit: you are flexible to try something different and adapt to change quickly
This is the perfect role for someone with experience in a customer facing or phone based role that’s interested in building a career in sales.
Why join us?
We’re gearing up for our biggest chapter yet – and it’s being driven by all of our Circlers.
We think of ourselves as the career launchpad. A place to develop yourself, fast. Real work. Real experience. Real opportunities to collect skills. Think big remits and huge ownership to make great things happen.
Our vibrant culture is built around potential and creating a place where you can really be you. We keep it agile and open. All voices heard. Because we believe great ideas come from everywhere.
If you show skill and are willing, we’ll back you all the way. This is the place to make a positive difference. Join the disruption. Say “I was there”. Be a part of it. Build something incredible and make a genuine impact on the lives of many – including yours.
Here at Funding Circle we have a hybrid working policy, for most teams this means we’d like to see you in the office 2-3 days a week. We hope this will give you the chance to connect with your colleagues and work in a way that is most effective for you!
It’s in our differences that we find our strengths.
We celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. So we’re building a culture where difference is valued. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe diversity makes us better. We will consider flexible working options; please talk to us to discuss how we could make this role flexible for you.
Want to Build The Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.