We are looking for a VP Engineering.
The VP Engineering will lead the talented engineering teams across the group to drive the evolution of the products and services that power Funding Circle’s small business lending. As we evolve to a multi product strategy, our Technology is key to enabling innovation at pace.
To succeed in this role you will need strong engineering pedigree, first class leadership skills, delivery track record, stakeholder management and significant experience delivering digital product experiences. This role is also a key member of the Technology Leadership Team and will work with the CTO and other Tech LT members to ensure we achieve maximum impact from our technology investment.
Who are we?
Our mission is to build the place where small businesses get the funding they need to win.
We do this by uniting cutting-edge data and technology to deliver an unbeatable customer experience. With a decade of expertise under our belt, we've built a game-changer of a platform that's reshaping the landscape of SME lending. Say goodbye to lengthy applications and hello to lightning-fast decisions! In just minutes, SMEs across the UK can get an instant decision, giving them access to affordable funding in a flash.
99% of businesses are small businesses! And in most cases aren’t given the finance they need to grow. We’re here to change that because the world needs small business.
Want to learn more?
- We have a huge impact on the businesses that borrow through our platform, the communities they serve and the overall economy (last year £6.9bn of GDP generated). You can read our full Impact Report here: https://www.fundingcircle.com/uk/impact
- To see what our customers think, visit our Trustpilot page: https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/fundingcircle.com
- And we’re still evolving! With over a decade leading the industry with our award winning core loans offering we are now well on our way to solving more SME finance challenges transforming into a multi-product lending platform.
What will you be doing?
- Set the strategic direction for the Engineering group to achieve continuous engineering excellence and own the quarterly OKRs to track and measure performance
- Work collaboratively with Product and Commercial leadership to ensure engineering investment is aligned to business and customer needs across the UK, US and FlexiPay businesses
- Drive continuous improvement in speed to market and quality of new product developments and ensure alignment with the overarching architecture strategy
- Contribute to the definition and execution of the Technology & Data Strategy to enable the overall Funding Circle strategy
- Lead and develop the engineering team to achieve consistently outstanding performance.
- Proactively problem solving, identifying and confidently mitigating any risks, issues or control weaknesses that arise in your day-to-day
What we’re looking for
- Demonstrable track record of delivering business and customer value through technology innovation
- Strong Engineering pedigree with the ability to translate theory into practice to drive performance
- First class leadership, capable of building and developing a highly engaged, high performing, diverse and talented team across multiple locations with clearly defined career progression opportunities
- Experienced in building a strong engineering culture through customer obsession and striving for agility, autonomy, quality and security
- Skilled at leveraging data to drive decisions and identify and implement improvement opportunities
- Passionate about innovation and exploring new technologies to drive business performance
- Accustomed to operating in a fast- paced, changing environment where adaptability and navigating ambiguity are key to succeeding.
- Have a genuine interest in helping SME’s and Small Businesses succeed
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace and affirmative-action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better.
Why join us?
Our Circler proposition is designed to support employees both in and out of work, and it is anchored around four pillars: Health, Wealth, Development & Lifestyle.
We offer hybrid working, with 2-3 days per week based in the office. When you’re in the office you can take advantage of our free barista and subsidised lunches through JustEat and we will help support your home working set-up. We support flexible working arrangements so please speak to our recruitment team if this is something you’d like to learn more about.
A few highlights:
- Health: Private Medical Insurance through Aviva, Dental Insurance through Bupa, MediCash, free access to online therapy sessions via Spill and exclusive discounts with Hertility for reproductive health support.
- Wealth: Octopus Money Coach, free mortgage advisor partnership and discounts across numerous retailers through Perks at Work.
- Development: Learning allowance and full access to LinkedIn Learning.
- Lifestyle: Gympass, Electric Car Scheme and more!
And finally, we have enhanced all of our parental leave policies - we actually won the AltFi Award for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Initiative of the Year 2022 for our Partner Leave policy. You can read more here: https://www.altfi.com/article/10158_the-altfi-awards-2022-here-are-the-winners
Research shows that some people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single criteria. At Funding Circle we are committed to building diverse teams so please apply even if your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the requirements. You might just be the perfect addition to the team!
Want to Build The Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.