Data Analyst - FinOps
Who are we?
We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, help families and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help them.
So, we created the leading online marketplace for small business loans. Our investors have lent £11.4 billion in 143,000 loans to 100,000 small business owners. In a single year, we unlocked 135,000 jobs and contributed £10 billion to the global economy. There’s never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let’s build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
This role sits within the “Risk and Analytics” team. The drivers behind our platform – brilliant people working together to create, code, and build the next game changers.
What will you be doing?
Would you describe yourself as a data fanatic? Do you have a passion for analysing and visualising data to help your company make better decisions faster? Do you have an interest in finance? If you answer yes to these questions then we're looking for you to apply! The Funding Circle Data Team is looking for an experienced Data Analyst to support the data needs for Financial Operations. You’ll help by:
- Building a good relationship with the Financial Operations team and develop a strong understanding of their data needs
- Establishing strong relationships with other stakeholders across the business to represent the data needs for FInancial Operations
- Understanding how our business works and how this is reflected in our data
- Working with the FInancial Operations team to automate and improve on their data processes to improve the efficiency of the team
- Representing the team on cross Funding Circle change initiatives
- Assessing and tracking the quality of data and working with the team to solve issues.
- Able to extract insight from data and explain, in straightforward terms, what it means
- Knowledgeable of Financial Operations and reconciliation processes
- Passionate about solving problems and applying business knowledge to help stakeholders formulate requirements
- Experienced developing dashboards in visualisation tools like Tableau or Qlikview
- Adept in SQL query/development skills (Athena/Presto, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MS SQL)
- Experienced of other languages such as R or Python and have a good understanding of ETL processes and data pipelines
- Passionate about the power of data to drive better business outcomes for our customers.
- Someone who knows how to manage their workload, cope with multiple priorities and can organise their days and week effectively
- Able to get things quickly, can take on feedback and understand how to explain complex concepts and products to our customers simply
Why join us?
We’re gearing up for our biggest chapter yet – and it’s being driven by everyone.
We think of ourselves as the career launchpad. A place to develop yourself, fast. Real work. Real experience. Real opportunities to collect skills. Think big remits and huge ownership to make great things happen.
Yes, it’s target-driven and high-octane – but we like to play hard too. That’s what makes us, us. Our vibrant culture is built around potential and creating a place where you can really be you. We keep it agile and open. All voices heard. Because we believe great ideas come from everywhere.
If you show skill and are willing, we’ll back you all the way. This is the place for you to build something incredible.
It’s in our differences that we find our strengths.
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better. We particularly encourage applications from applicants from underrepresented backgrounds. We welcome applicants who may want to work flexibly.
Want to Build The Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.