Senior Credit Risk Analyst
Who are we?
We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, support local communities and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help realize their goals.
So, we created the leading online platform for small business loans. Our investors have lent £13.7 billion in 171,000 loans to 122,000 small business owners. In a single year, we unlocked 100,000 jobs and contributed £7.2 billion to the global economy. There’s never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let’s build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
What will you be doing?
● You will be primarily responsible for running forecasting and stress testing analyses, across different portfolio products and segments, covering data analytics, modelling and engagement with stakeholders
● You will be involved with all aspects of portfolio and risk measurements, from cash flow modelling to provisioning and impairment
● You will collaborate with experts from different functions, particularly Finance and Capital Markets, guiding business decisions by carrying out ad hoc analysis, providing credit risk insights and recommendations for optimising credit risk strategies and business processes
● 2 years’ experience in credit risk analytics / portfolio analytics, ideally in an SME/Corporate/Investment Banking context
● Good understanding of the principles of portfolio modelling, particularly cash flow modelling and measurement of performance
● Advanced knowledge of Excel and any of: SQL, R, Python, Tableau (candidates with experience in other environments e.g. SAS and aptitude to quickly learn will also be considered)
● Experience in guiding business decisions through analytical insights, ideally covering all steps from initial stakeholder engagement and business analysis to data analysis and presentation of the results
● Excellent communication skills, particularly with regards to translating data analyses and numbers into actionable insights tailored to the audience
Why join us?
We’re gearing up for our biggest chapter yet – and it’s being driven by all of our Circlers.
We think of ourselves as the career launchpad. A place to develop yourself, fast. Real work. Real experience. Real opportunities to collect skills. Think big remits and huge ownership to make great things happen.
Yes, it’s target-driven and high-octane – but we like to play hard too. That’s what makes us, us. Our vibrant culture is built around potential and creating a place where you can really be you. We keep it agile and open. All voices heard. Because we believe great ideas come from everywhere.
If you show skill and are willing, we’ll back you all the way. This is the place for you to build something incredible.
It’s in our differences that we find our strengths.
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better. We particularly encourage applications from applicants from underrepresented backgrounds. We will consider flexible working options; please talk to us to discuss how we could make this role flexible for you.
Want to Build The Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.