Senior UI Designer
Senior UI Designer
Competitive Salary & Package
Funding Circle was created with one mission: to revolutionise the broken financial system and change small business finance!
We've created the leading online marketplace for small business loans that directly business owners who want to grow their businesses with investors wanting attractive returns.
We have 90,000 investors who to date have lent £7 billion to 68,000 businesses across the world. In 2018 alone lending through our platform created and sustained 115,000 jobs worldwide and contributed £6.5 billion to the global economy.
The UK Product Team is seeking a talented Mobile Designer who shares our passion for creating world-class user experiences. We’d love to talk to you if you have expertise in designing complex mobile apps (iOS & Android), conducting user research and usability tests and prototyping. You will be responsible for all stages of design for our UK borrowers and investors, and enjoy working with stakeholders, engineers and product managers to create simple solutions that solve complexity.
You will meet the design challenge in your day to day role as follows:
- Owning the overall mobile experience for our customers, defining the vision and guidelines that will lead Product and Engineering decisions
- Leading design projects, collaborate with product and engineering teams throughout the entire cycle of product development
- Undertaking user research studies to better understand the needs of customers and validate concepts with end-users
- Designing the UI architecture, interface, visual design and interaction flows for our mobile apps.
- Producing UI mock-ups, user flows, wireframes and high-fidelity prototypes for all screen sizes
- Shipping, measuring and improving designs based on qualitative and quantitative feedback
- Maintaining and refining mobile design patterns and UI standards
- Leveraging existing design components, maintaining and iterating a component design system
Required Skills, Experience & Know-How
- Extensive experience designing engaging user experiences across mobile devices
- A portfolio of effective designs and can talk us through your process
- Working knowledge of iOS & Android official UI guidelines and their native ecosystems
- Sensitivity to user experience, strong user intuition with the desire to test those assumptions
- Fluent in using creative and prototyping tools, such as Sketch, Adobe and Principle
- Strong communication skills and an ability to direct and establish best practices within the team
- A natural ability to thrive in a collaborative, fluid, fast-paced environment
- Having relevant qualifications or several years of experience in mobile product design
- Experience with mobile usability, building mobile prototypes and running user testing
- Interaction design with an ability to discover the final touches that can delight the user
- Knowledge of Abstract which we use to manage our design assets
- Passionate about inclusive design and accessibility through mobile technologies