Who are we?
We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, help families and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help them get the finance they need to thrive, creating thousands of jobs as they drive the economy forward.
So, we created the leading online marketplace for small business loans. Our investors have lent £13.7 billion in 171,000 loans to 122,000 small business owners. In a single year, we unlocked 100,000 jobs and contributed £7.2 billion to the UK economy. There’s never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let’s build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
This role sits within what we call the “Funnel” team. They are the face of Funding Circle and work passionately to make sure small businesses have an incredible experience in getting the funding they need.
What will you be doing?
As an Account Manager, you will be responsible for your pipeline of customers across a range of business profiles and industries, reaching out to individual business owners and following a strategic contact strategy to help them achieve their funding aims. Managing the sales cycle from start to finish, you will consult with customers and internal stakeholders to deliver a ‘best-in-class’ service and an unrivalled experience in obtaining finance to your clients.
- Engaging with & supporting small business owners from the point of initial enquiry
- Responsible for your target & managing your high-volume, fast-paced ‘pipeline’
- Establishing instant rapport with your customers via telephone and email, cultivating successful relationships with customers
- Developing a deep understanding of your clients’ business and their funding needs and presenting Funding Circle as the solution
- Seeking ways to improve and adapt operations as we go & sharing knowledge
- Motivated by success in numbers, and driven to achieve your monthly targets
- Aware that a high level of activity is a key driver to success in sales
- Quick to connect with people and demonstrate natural interpersonal skills - including teamwork!
- Have demonstrated experience & success in a sales role previously - ideally B2B experience, though we are interested in meeting a diverse range of people with different levels of experience
- Flexible and prepared to try something different and adapt to change quickly
Why join us?
We’re gearing up for our biggest chapter yet – and it’s being driven by all of our Circlers.
We think of ourselves as the career launchpad. A place to develop yourself, fast. Real work. Real experience. Real opportunities to collect skills. Think big remits and huge ownership to make great things happen.
Our vibrant culture is built around potential and creating a place where you can really be you. We keep it agile and open. All voices heard. Because we believe great ideas come from everywhere.
If you show skill and are willing, we’ll back you all the way. This is the place to make a positive difference. Join the disruption. Say “I was there”. Be a part of it. Build something incredible and make a genuine impact on the lives of many – including yours.
Here at Funding Circle we have a hybrid working policy, for most teams this means we’d like to see you in the office 2-3 days a week. We hope this will give you the chance to connect with your colleagues and work in a way that is most effective for you!
It’s in our differences that we find our strengths.
We celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. So we’re building a culture where difference is valued. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe diversity makes us better. We will consider flexible working options; please talk to us to discuss how we could make this role flexible for you.
Want to Build The Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.