Sr DevOps Engineer
What We Do
We provide solutions for one of the largest needs in the security space. Forescout is at the forefront of IoT Security. As the world is becoming more and more connected so is the need for Forescout’s solutions.
What You Will Do
- Work across teams to design and support our security products and platforms.
- Provide guidelines and best practices for DevOps, Continuous Delivery, Automation and Software delivery best practices within our development teams.
- Roll out major changes to infrastructure and provide Tier 2/3 support.
- Support a SaaS service which may require irregular work hours at times and on call support.
- Document procedures, write how to articles and document day-to-day activities in our ticketing system.
- Help evolve the platform, services, and service delivery to be lower cost, improved release frequency with better quality and stronger security.
What You Will Bring To Forescout
- 7+ years working with various Cloud Services.
- 5+ years working for a SaaS company running workloads in the Cloud and covering site reliability responsibilities.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with deploying and integrating complex systems with a variety of operating system environments.
- 5+ years of Linux/Unix administration.
- 5+ years of Kubernetes experience, installing, administration and scaling.
- 5+ years of advanced scripting experience required (bash & python)
- Strong understanding of DevOps tooling for development and deployment (e.g. Docker, Jenkins, Kubernetes, helm, terraform).
- Proven experience in implementing new processes and tooling to solve complex CI/CD and platform problems.
- In-depth experience with running production workloads. (e.g., Monitoring, capacity planning, new service deployments, pod debugging).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong skills working with remote teams in different time zones.
- Excellent analytic and troubleshooting skills for problems that span multiple domains (applications, network, system) with the ability to mitigate in production issues.
- Deep knowledge of Kubernetes within cloud-based providers (Google GKE or AWS Eks).
- Ability to manage parallel tasks and switch focus quickly, adapt to new technologies quickly, logically think through problems without always knowing the deep technical internal workings.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Engineering, or equivalent industry experience
Skills that would set you apart from other applicants
- Experience with Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, Redis and other data indexing and searching applications.
- Certifications in Google Cloud and/or AWS services.
- Experience in leading small teams to deliver coordinated solutions.
- Opensource contributions
- Networking experience (firewalls, load balancers, service mesh)
More About Forescout
Forescout Technologies, Inc. delivers automated cybersecurity across the digital terrain, maintaining continuous alignment of customers’ security frameworks with their digital realities, including all asset types – IT, OT, IoT, IoMT. The Forescout Continuum Platform provides complete asset visibility, continuous compliance, network segmentation and a strong foundation for Zero Trust. For more than 20 years, Fortune 100 organisations and government agencies have trusted Forescout to provide automated cybersecurity at scale. Forescout arms customers with data-powered intelligence to accurately detect risks and quickly remediate cyberthreats without disruption of critical business assets. Learn more at www.Forescout.com.
To continuously identify, protect, and ensure the compliance of all cyber assets across the modern organisation.
A world where every cyber asset is seen, secure and compliant.
Our Cultural Values
- One Team – We all work together, and we all win together.
- Cyber Obsessed – We are curious about technology, innovative and passionate about solving problems.
- Customer Driven – We listen, we learn, and we make it right.
- Relentless – We're smart, determined, and find a way. We figure stuff out.
- Collaborative, without Ego – No one succeeds alone. We strive to be the humble person that people want to work with.
Our DEI Statement
At Forescout, we are committed to fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace. We believe that diversity of background, experiences, and perspectives leads to innovation, creativity, and better decision making. We strive to create an environment where all team members feel valued, respected, and empowered. We actively promote equal opportunities and fair treatment for all individuals, regardless of their race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religion, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. By embracing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, we aspire to build a successful culture where we work together and win together as One Team.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we would love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Forescout does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Forescout employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Employment Placement Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event.
Forescout Technologies is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We value and embrace diversity, equality, inclusion, and collaboration at the core of our “One Team” philosophy. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.