Sr. Director, Central Engineering
Who We Are
Managing cyber risk, together.
Forescout delivers automated cybersecurity across the digital terrain. We empower our customers to achieve continuous alignment of their security frameworks with their digital realities, across all asset types – IT, IoT, OT, and IoMT. It is a non-stop journey, managing cyber risk through automation and data-powered insights.
What You Will Do
The Central Engineering function provides the critical systems, tools, and processes to support Forescout’s global development sites. These systems and tools enable seamless development, testing and integration of software from any site and for any product.
We are looking for an accomplished Senior Director, Central Engineering to provide strategic leadership, vision, and direction to our Central Engineering department. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the planning, development, and execution of Central Engineering initiatives and services. As a key member of our leadership team, the Senior Director, Central Engineering will report to the Chief Product Officer and will play a pivotal role in driving our company's engineering services and contributing to our overall business success.
• Manage the tools and technologies that support Forescout engineering, including procurement, licensing, configuration, management, and support.
• Manage solution-level performance and scalability testing, including procurement, licensing, and maintenance of an extensive hardware ecosystem lab.
• Ensure that the Technical Documentation process, systems, and tools able to provide timely and accurate documentation for all Forescout products.
• Collaborate with DevOps, Finance, and IT to ensure there is insightful financial reporting for Forescout’s cloud infrastructure.
• Identify and implement process improvements to enhance the development, testing, integration, and release activities in a scaled Agile environment.
• Lead, mentor, and inspire a team of skilled engineers and service professionals, fostering a positive work environment and promoting professional development and growth.
• Collaborate effectively with other departments, stakeholders, and senior management to ensure seamless integration of Central Engineering initiatives and services across all of R&D.
What You Bring to Forescout
• Bachelor’s or master’s degree in engineering or related field; advanced degree (e.g., MBA) is a plus.
• Minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in engineering and services leadership roles, preferably within the cybersecurity industry.
• Exceptional strategic thinking, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with diverse teams and cybersecurity stakeholders.
• Extensive knowledge of engineering principles, practices, and cybersecurity technologies relevant to the industry.
• Demonstrated ability to drive innovation, implement process improvements, and optimize engineering services.
• Strong organizational and project management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks and meet cybersecurity and service deadlines.
• Experience with Jira, Confluence, GitHub, BitBucket, CI/CD tools, and Jellyfish a plus.
What Forescout Offers You
• Competitive compensation and benefits–we cover 80% of employee and dependents’ benefits premiums (the U.S. only), 401K match, generous PTO policy, and much more
• Collaborative and innovative environment –make an impact on worldwide security while working on the hottest technology
• Leadership that supports and encourages professional growth and development
• Want a glimpse of Life @ Forescout? Check us out on Facebook and Instagram
• Learn more @ www.forescout.com
Forescout Technologies is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We value and embrace diversity, equality, inclusion, and collaboration at the core of our “One Team” philosophy. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.