Institutional Sales Analyst
What we do:
First Eagle is an independent, privately owned investment management firm headquartered in New York with approximately $109 billion in assets under management (as of 3/31/22). Throughout a heritage that dates to 1864, the firm has sought to generate attractive real returns for our clients over the long term. This tradition remains central to our mission today, guided by a set of core investment tenets that sustains our culture while also allowing philosophical autonomy among our talented portfolio management teams. First Eagle’s range of actively managed equity and equity-oriented, public and private credit, multi-asset and alternative strategies reflect our dedication to disciplined and unconventional thinking, a global perspective and the long-term alignment of interests.
What drives us:
At First Eagle, clients come first, always. To deliver on this commitment, we nurture an environment that attracts, develops and retains a talented, inclusive workforce. We also aim to inspire each of our employees to do their life’s best work with us and for our clients. We have built a culture that promotes equity, diversity and respect, and holds every member of the organization to the highest standards of integrity and accountability.
Who we are looking for:
First Eagle is seeking to hire a Sales Support Analyst to join their Institutional team, which supports the business development and client service efforts for ~$14 billion in institutional assets under management. This entry-level position will provide the individual with broad exposure to the institutional investment management business and the investment strategies that First Eagle offers. The role also provides the foundation and skills necessary for potential growth into a client service or business development position.
What you will do:
- Support the sales process through the entire cycle from target market analysis, qualifying prospects, working with consultants, and following up with the sales team’s active sales calling program
- Build presentations and prepare documents for sales meetings
- Participate in reviewing RFP documents prior to submission
- Join sales team members on virtual meetings and conference calls with prospects and clients.
- Conduct competitive analysis on product strategies, trends in the marketplace, conference presentations, and other related materials to assist in the sales process
- Assist with quarterly and annual client reporting
- Source data for and respond to ad hoc requests from clients, prospects, and investment consultants (e.g., performance, attribution, portfolio data, stock commentary)
- Client/prospect research and profile maintenance with Salesforce, our CRM tool
- Act as liaison between sales team and other internal teams at First Eagle, including investment teams, marketing, IT, compliance, and operations.
- Complete special projects as required by the team
- Serve as backup for fellow Analysts/Associates during absences or periods of uneven workflow
- Occasional travel to accompany members of sales team to conferences and meetings.
The qualities you should have:
- An undergraduate degree in finance, business, or related field, with at least 0-2 years of financial services experience or relevant internships
- A demonstrated passion for learning about the markets, investment strategies, and companies
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong skills in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word)
- Self-starting, entrepreneurial and resourceful–someone who “makes it happen” with a “can-do” attitude
- A strong work ethic that accommodates last-minute projects and other urgent needs of the team that require non-standard work hours
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and multi-task
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A collegial and collaborative team player
- Strong sense of personal accountability
- Unquestionable integrity and ethical character
First Eagle requires employees to be fully vaccinated to work in the office unless an exemption is approved as a reasonable accommodation in accordance with applicable law.
First Eagle Investment Management, LLC (First Eagle) is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at First Eagle, where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religious belief, including dress and grooming practices, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, breastfeeding or medical conditions related to breastfeeding, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), or any other protected characteristic as established by law.