Relationship Management Associate
What we do:
First Eagle is an independent, privately owned investment management firm headquartered in New York with approximately $110 billion in assets under management (as of 12/31/21). Throughout a heritage that dates to 1864, the firm has sought to generate attractive real returns for our clients over the long term. This tradition remains central to our mission today, guided by a set of core investment tenets that sustains our culture while also allowing philosophical autonomy among our talented portfolio management teams. First Eagle’s range of actively managed equity and equity-oriented, public and private credit, multi-asset and alternative strategies reflect our dedication to disciplined and unconventional thinking, a global perspective and the long-term alignment of interests.
What drives us:
At First Eagle, clients come first, always. To deliver on this commitment, we nurture an environment that attracts, develops and retains a talented, inclusive workforce. We also aim to inspire each of our employees to do their life’s best work with us and for our clients. We have built a culture that promotes equity, diversity and respect, and holds every member of the organization to the highest standards of integrity and accountability. If this sounds right for you, please take a look at our open roles today.
Who we are looking for:
First Eagle is seeking an Institutional Associate to support the Relationship Management team. This hire will enhance and support the team’s client retention efforts by partnering with Relationship Managers and Associates to help manage their existing client and consultant relationships. The role also provides the foundation and skills necessary for potential growth within the Relationship Management team.
What you will do:
- Partner with Relationship Management professionals to assist in managing their institutional investor relationships, including relationships with investment consultants tied to those clients.
- Serve as day-to-day contact for client requests. Respond to clients’ and consultants’ ad-hoc requests (e.g., performance, market values, attribution, portfolio data, stock commentary) in a timely manner and complete recurring monthly and quarterly client and consultant reports.
- Communicate cordially and professionally via face-to-face, email and telephone interactions.
- Understand the full client coverage territory; research and develop deep knowledge of plan sponsors by product, plan type (e.g. DB/DC), nature of relationship history and client hot button issues. Partner with Relationship Managers to coordinate targeted client and consultant outreach.
- Understand First Eagle’s full range of investment capabilities to be able to engage directly with clients and consultants.
- Conduct thorough meeting preparation; research each client and/or consultant in advance of each meeting; coordinate prep calls and prep memos with necessary Investment teams and other key internal teams. Coordinate all follow-ups necessary from meetings.
- Coordinate various aspects of the existing client relationship, working closely with the Senior Relationship Manager, to ensure all client servicing needs are addressed in a timely manner.
- Participate in team projects to enhance internal procedures in accordance with industry best practices.
- Work closely with internal departments for various client needs including onboarding processes, redemptions/subscriptions, audits, and compliance requests.
- Integrate and enhance client data through our CRM system, organizing all activities and contact information in a timely manner.
The qualities you should have:
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in finance, business, or economics
- 3-6 years of experience in the financial services industry
- Experience with Salesforce, eVestment and/or FactSet preferred
- Ability to use both analytical skills and think creatively to solve problems
- Self-starting, entrepreneurial and resourceful–someone who “makes it happen” with a “can-do” attitude
- A strong work ethic that accommodates last-minute projects and other urgent needs of the team that require non-standard work hours
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and multi-task
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A collegial and collaborative team player
- Strong sense of personal accountability
First Eagle requires employees to be fully vaccinated to work in the office unless an exemption is approved as a reasonable accommodation in accordance with applicable law.
First Eagle Investment Management, LLC (FEIM) is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at FEIM, where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religious belief, including dress and grooming practices, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, breastfeeding or medical conditions related to breastfeeding, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), or any other protected characteristic as established by law.