Data Architect/Data Warehouse Engineer
What we do:
First Eagle is an independent, privately owned investment management firm headquartered in New York with approximately $110 billion in assets under management (as of 12/31/21). Throughout a heritage that dates to 1864, the firm has sought to generate attractive real returns for our clients over the long term. This tradition remains central to our mission today, guided by a set of core investment tenets that sustains our culture while also allowing philosophical autonomy among our talented portfolio management teams. First Eagle’s range of actively managed equity and equity-oriented, public and private credit, multi-asset and alternative strategies reflect our dedication to disciplined and unconventional thinking, a global perspective and the long-term alignment of interests.
What drives us:
At First Eagle, clients come first, always. To deliver on this commitment, we nurture an environment that attracts, develops and retains a talented, inclusive workforce. We also aim to inspire each of our employees to do their life’s best work with us and for our clients. We have built a culture that promotes equity, diversity and respect, and holds every member of the organization to the highest standards of integrity and accountability. If this sounds right for you, please take a look at our open roles today.
Who we are looking for:
First Eagle is seeking a cloud data warehouse developer and architect to play a critical role in migrating our big data to cloud database technologies.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of working with business users and other stakeholders to identify various data sets across the firm, evaluate and recommend a cloud database technology, serve as the subject matter expert on Snowflake platform. The candidate will work to develop a robust reporting platform around the cloud database and empower users across the firm by providing them with secure access to the raw data, when appropriate.
What you will do:
- Ability to effectively function in a cross-team environment, and train experienced developers on cloud warehouse technologies to augment the team
- Able to administer and monitor the big data computing platform, and develop policies and procedures for its long-term support and success
The qualities you should have:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience developing enterprise data warehouses, data migrations, data transformations, and data architecture
- Minimum 3 years’ hands-on experience working with Snowflake Data Cloud
- Experience with migrating an on-premises data warehouse to Snowflake integrated with AWS is preferred
- In-depth understanding of data warehouse and ETL concept and modeling structure principles
- Extensive experience writing SQL queries and stored procedures preferred
- Experience with Tableau or other data visualization software
- Experience in Python Framework to Process XML, CSV, JSON, TSV, TXT files
- Experience in data migration from RDBMS to cloud data warehouse technologies
- Experience in gathering and analyzing system requirements
- Proven critical-thinking skills and problem-solving attitude
- Experience in Financial Services is a plus
First Eagle requires employees to be fully vaccinated to work in the office unless an exemption is approved as a reasonable accommodation in accordance with applicable law.
First Eagle Investment Management, LLC (FEIM) is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at FEIM, where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religious belief, including dress and grooming practices, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, breastfeeding or medical conditions related to breastfeeding, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), or any other protected characteristic as established by law.