Senior Relationship Manager
What we do:
First Eagle is an independent, privately owned investment management firm headquartered in New York with approximately $109 billion in assets under management (as of 3/31/22). Throughout a heritage that dates to 1864, the firm has sought to generate attractive real returns for our clients over the long term. This tradition remains central to our mission today, guided by a set of core investment tenets that sustains our culture while also allowing philosophical autonomy among our talented portfolio management teams. First Eagle’s range of actively managed equity and equity-oriented, public, and private credit, multi-asset and alternative strategies reflect our dedication to disciplined and unconventional thinking, a global perspective, and the long-term alignment of interests.
What drives us:
At First Eagle, clients come first, always. To deliver on this commitment, it is incumbent upon us to nurture an environment that both attracts, develops, and retains a talented, inclusive workforce, and inspires each of our employees to do their life’s best work on behalf of our clients. Inherent in this dynamic is a culture that promotes equality, diversity and respect and holds every member of the organization to the highest standards of integrity and accountability.
Who we are looking for:
First Eagle is seeking a Senior Relationship Manager to join the New York Institutional Team. The role of the Relationship Manager is to manage a defined roster of client relationships to support the team’s client retention and cross-sale efforts, in partnership with the Head of Relationship Management and other Relationship Management professionals.
What you will do:
- Develop intimate relationships with clients through consistent interaction (primarily face-to-face), building deep familiarity with key decision-makers, asset allocation plans, hot button issues and opportunities to expand partnerships
- Collaborate with the Consultant Relations team to ensure field consultants of our clients are updated on the firm and the portfolios’ performance, attribution, and positioning
- Ensure Relationship Management Associates/Analysts provide best-in-class responsiveness to recurring and ad-hoc client requests (e.g., performance, market values, attribution, portfolio data, stock commentary)
- Understand First Eagle’s full range of investment capabilities to be able to conduct equity portfolio reviews without use of the Investment teams; product specialist capabilities for fixed income strategies not required
- Work closely with internal departments, including Legal and Compliance, Portfolio Management, Trading, Technology and Operations, etc., for various client needs
- Lead team projects to enhance internal procedures in accordance with industry best practices
- Suggest ideas for content, digital platform, or other areas of value that could improve the client experience
The qualities you should have:
- 12+ years of experience with complex institutional client interactions in the asset management industry
- Undergraduate degree required; MBA or CFA preferred
- Service-oriented mindset; responsive, thoughtful, and tactful
- Highly collaborative and a team player
- Self-starting, entrepreneurial and resourceful – someone who “makes it happen”
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; capacity to thoughtfully articulate investment insights to clients and colleagues alike
- Facility with market and product knowledge
- Self-starter who is accountable for executing strategic game plan
- Comfortable traveling 40% - 50% of working days to meet with clients
- High level of intellectual curiosity and critical thinking capabilities – an ability to anticipate market trends and adjust accordingly
- Comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with regular day-to-day activities
- Demonstrates temperament that balances insight, hard work, urgency, results, humility, and patience
First Eagle requires employees to be fully vaccinated to work in the office unless an exemption is approved as a reasonable accommodation in accordance with applicable law.
First Eagle Investment Management, LLC (FEIM) is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at FEIM, where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religious belief, including dress and grooming practices, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, breastfeeding or medical conditions related to breastfeeding, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), or any other protected characteristic as established by law.