ESG Product Manager
First Eagle is an independent, privately owned investment management firm headquartered in New York with approximately $110 billion in assets under management (as of 12/30/21). Throughout a heritage that dates to 1864, the firm has sought to generate attractive real returns for our clients over the long term. This tradition remains central to our mission today, guided by a set of core investment tenets that sustains our culture while also allowing philosophical autonomy among our talented portfolio management teams. First Eagle’s range of actively managed equity and equity-oriented, public, and private credit, multi-asset and alternative strategies reflect our dedication to disciplined and unconventional thinking, a global perspective, and the long-term alignment of interests.
What drives us:
At First Eagle, clients come first, always. To deliver on this commitment, it is incumbent upon us to nurture an environment that both attracts, develops, and retains a talented, inclusive workforce, and inspires each of our employees to do their life’s best work on behalf of our clients. Inherent in this dynamic is a culture that promotes equality, diversity and respect and holds every member of the organization to the highest standards of integrity and accountability.
Who we are looking for:
First Eagle is seeking an ESG Product Manager to act as a primary subject matter expert on First Eagle’s approach to ESG/Sustainable Investing across all its investment teams and strategies.
What you will do:
- Serve as an expert on industry regulations and policy decisions by actively participating in industry groups and informing key stakeholders across First Eagle on material developments influencing sustainable investments;
- Promote consistency and quality in ESG-related marketing content, RFP responses, pitchbook pages and prospectuses language;
- Help the firm’s clients and key stakeholders better understand First Eagle’s philosophy, capabilities, and approach to sustainable investing through internal education and training;
- Support partnership with external organizations and monitor developments from external organizations, third party reporting frameworks (including PRI and Net Zero Asset Management initiative), voluntary commitments and certification bodies to understand evolving markets standards and client preferences;
- Analyze and share insights into flows, new fund launches, categorizations/definitions, Morningstar research, third party data, etc.
- Research and contribute to product development and management efforts across First Eagle investment products; and
- Lead cross-functional groups to advance Sustainable Investing efforts across the organization
The qualities you should have:
- BA/BS required; concentration in finance or economics very strongly preferred. MBA, CIMA, CFA, CAIA or progress towards preferred
- Deep understanding and experience in ESG/Sustainable investing and policy landscape
- 5-10 years of investment related experience
- Strong written, presentation and organizational skills
- Knowledge of retail and institutional product management a plus
- Demonstrated success in leading cross functional groups with the ability to drive projects to completion through consensus of key stakeholders
- Polished and articulate demeanor; poise and executive presence
- Ability to take initiative, work independently, and work in a team environment
First Eagle requires employees to be fully vaccinated to work in the office unless an exemption is approved as a reasonable accommodation in accordance with applicable law.
First Eagle Investment Management, LLC (FEIM) is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at FEIM, where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religious belief, including dress and grooming practices, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, breastfeeding or medical conditions related to breastfeeding, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), or any other protected characteristic as established by law.