LPN Hospice Home Care
***Up to $3,500 sign-on bonus for those new to EvergreenHealth****
To learn more and hear from our staff click here: Join EvergreenHealth Hospice & Home Care
Who We Are
Awarded Employer of the Year 2022 from the Hospice and Palliative Nurses Association (HPNA) EvergreenHealth Hospice is proud to provide the highest quality of life possible for our patients. Collaboration is key to the best possible patient experience and our interdisciplinary teams are adept at balancing symptom management and all the varied needs of a family anticipating the loss of a loved one.
A core element of EvergreenHealth Hospice is our goal of continuous improvement in clinical quality, and we actively encourage staff participation in process improvement projects and, most importantly, allow our staff the time to provide exceptional care for our patients.
As an interdisciplinary team we work together to enrich the health and wellbeing of every life we touch. Our care teams are composed of the following:
- Physicians-The patient’s Attending Physician continues to provide oversight of care and Hospice Physicians consult with hospice staff and the attending physician.
- Nurses (RN or LPN)
- Social Workers
- Certified Nursing Assistants (Home Health Aides)
- Spiritual Care (Chaplains)
- Trained Volunteers- offer companionship for patients and respite for families
Why Join Our Team? As an employee of EvergreenHealth we believe in helping our staff by
- Creating a flexible and customized career by offering flexible schedules
- Offering work/life balance providing a variety of territories to work/serve. We do our best to keep you in the territory that is the closest to your home or desired community.
- Training: Our new staff will feel confident knowing they have learned from experienced preceptors within their area of specialty.
- Providing Professional Development as supported through our Tuition Assistance program, paid CEU’s, in addition to career advancement through leadership pathways.
- Low staff to patient ratios ensuring staff feel safe and that we are providing the best possible clinical care and outcomes for our patients and their families.
- Commitment to building an inclusive and diverse workforce: Our staff share a deep commitment to providing exceptional care and service for each one of our patients, and one another.
- Providing a culture of safety: We are proud to be recognized by The Leapfrog Group with an "A" grade for patient safety, along with our recognition as a Top General Hospital for quality and safety - the only hospital in Washington state.
Responsible for providing nursing services to patients in the home under the direct supervision of a registered nurse following a plan of treatment as ordered by the physician.
- Provides direct patient care in the patient’s home.
- Coordinates the patient and family/significant other education process
- Continuously plans, implements, and evaluates patient care, incorporating patient and family/significant other into the process
- Participates with physician partners and other interdisciplinary team members to develop and implement patient and family/significant other plan of care.
- Communicates effectively all relevant information (e.g., patient information, safety issues, problems with equipment, quality issues, etc.) to immediate supervisor and/or RN case manager, in timely way.
- Communicates and documents changes in patient condition, on a timely basis, to charge nurse/supervisor, RN case manager and/or physician.
- Delivers nursing care within established standards of care, hospital and unit guidelines, policies and procedures.
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
- Currently licensed as a LPN in the State of Washington
- Current Washington State Driver’s license and proof of insurability
- Current Healthcare Provider BLS certification by date of hire
- Reliable transportation
- Demonstrates ability to communicate clinical / educational knowledge to others (i.e., students, staff, patients and families, caregivers).
- Demonstrates skills to complete the nursing competency assessment checklist.
- Demonstrates knowledge of new trends and techniques in nursing.