Nursing at EvergreenHealth
EvergreenHealth nurses are dedicated to excellence. Nothing matters more to us than ensuring each and every patient at EvergreenHealth receives the best clinical outcomes, absolute safety and exceptional service resulting in exceptional care.
We strive to provide the most advanced technologies, the safest environments and the most compassionate personal attention.
At EvergreenHealth we enjoy caring for patients and families using a highly collaborative interdisciplinary team approach.
We have a vibrant new graduate nurse program and career advancement for all nurses through our New to Specialty preceptorships.
EvergreenHealth nurses who go above and beyond in providing compassionate, expert care for our patients are recognized with The DAISY Award.
Philosophy of Nursing
EvergreenHealth Nurses developed our Professional Practice Model through a Philosophy of Nursing based on Jean Watson’s Humanistic Caring Theory and Patient and Family Centered Care. We embrace our values holding patients and families at the center of our care.EvergreenHealth Nursing Professional Practice Model
EvergreenHealth offers a variety of orientation programs and tuition assistance to support the professional development of its nursing staff.
EvergreenHealth provides orientation programs for nurses with all levels of preparation:
- Experienced nursing hires all receive a basic orientation.
- Experienced nurses coming to work in a new field would receive the basic orientation plus classes and mentoring in the new field.
- Experienced nurses coming to acute hospital care from a skilled nursing or an office/clinic setting would receive the basic orientation, with an extended mentoring program where the new hire is paired with a seasoned nurse. During the program, the new nurse is trained, attends classes and learns by example on the unit.
- The Nursing Students Program allows students to work as nursing technicians, functioning to the level of their training. This allows students to grow in function and experience as they move forward through school.
- The RN Residency Program is designed to assist the new or refresher RN in the transition from a novice practitioner to an independent, professional patient care provider.
- Monthly free in-service and continuing education programs are offered on current topics.
Tuition Reimbursement Program
EvergreenHealth's Tuition Reimbursement Program provides assistance to those employees who are pursuing degrees and certificates that are relevant to their continued employment in any position at EvergreenHealth and who are selected for the program by the selection committee.
To be eligible for the Tuition Reimbursement Program, employees must have been continuously employed with EvergreenHealth for six (6) months as a 0.5 FTE (full-time equivalent) or greater and must have completed all prerequisites for the program for which they are applying for funding.
The amount of the benefit offered will depend on the employee's FTE status, and will be pro-rated up to a maximum of $5,250 per year.
The Tuition Reimbursement Program has been extremely popular and has helped employees receive degrees in nursing, radiology, healthcare administration, finance and accounting fields, and many other areas.
RN Residency Program
Our unique nurse residency program is thoughtfully designed to foster the new graduate nurse and support the journey from student to professional RN. With the backing of our residency program, new nurses become skilled, confident members of our exceptional nursing team.
Meet Our Nurse Recruiter
If you are a Registered Nurse interested in practicing at EvergreenHealth, or would like more information about employment opportunities, please contact:
WA State Licensing Information
Many of our positions require current state licensure by start date. The link below provides access to information about licensing requirements in Washington State.