Nursing at EvergreenHealth
When you join the EvergreenHealth nursing team, you will join a supportive and collaborative group of compassionate specialists excited to work with you and deliver the best care possible.
We provide you with the most advanced equipment and tools so that you can come in the door for your shift knowing you are set up for success.
Plus, we work tirelessly to ensure you can properly balance your professional life and your personal life so that you can be your best here and at home.
With our comprehensive benefits package and the kind of help you need for your continued growth, you’ll feel secure and supported whether you’re caring for patients or caring for yourself.
And we know how to say thank you, showing our appreciation for your outstanding work through our very special Nursing Excellence Awards and The DAISY Award.
Philosophy of Nursing
EvergreenHealth Nurses developed our Professional Practice Model through a Philosophy of Nursing based on Jean Watson’s Humanistic Caring Theory and Patient and Family Centered Care. We embrace our values holding patients and families at the center of our care.
EvergreenHealth offers a variety of programs and assistance to support the professional development of its nursing staff including:
- Experienced nursing hires all receive a basic orientation.
- Experienced nurses coming to work in a new field would receive the basic orientation plus classes and mentoring in the new field.
- Experienced nurses coming to acute hospital care from a skilled nursing or an office/clinic setting would receive the basic orientation with an extended mentoring program where the new hire is paired with a seasoned nurse. During the program, the new nurse is trained, attends classes and learns by example on the unit.
- The Nursing Students Program allows students to work as nursing technicians, functioning to the level of their training. This allows students to grow in knowledge and experience as they move forward through school.
- The RN Residency Program is designed to assist the new or refresher RN in the transition from a novice practitioner to an independent, professional patient care provider.
- Monthly free in-service and continuing education programs are offered on current topics.
- The tuition reimbursement program provides assistance to those employees who are pursuing degrees and certificates relevant to their work at EvergreenHealth.
Meet Our Nurse Recruiter
If you are a Registered Nurse interested in practicing at EvergreenHealth, or would like more information about employment opportunities, please contact:
WA State Licensing Information
Many of our positions require current state licensure by start date. The link below provides access to information about licensing requirements in Washington State.