Referral/Patient Coordinator - Neuroscience Institute
EvergreenHealth is currently recruiting a Referral/Patient Coordinator to join our award winning Neuroscience Institute team! EvergreenHealth has an excellent reputation for providing high quality and low cost care to nearly one million residents of King and Snohomish counties. EvergreenHealth fosters a collaborative team culture.
Responsible for coordination of referrals from EH and outside providers to MSK specialists. Responsible for supporting EH Musculoskeletal Practices by providing best referral coordination and triage for patients and providers, as well as attending to other patient needs. Requires daily interaction with patients, staff, healthcare providers and insurance companies.
REQUIRED for the position:
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Two years of experience in a hospital, medical office or healthcare insurance setting
- Ability to type 35 WPM with high degree of accuracy
- Knowledge of clinical/medical office procedures
- Ability to be flexible and relate well with others in a professional and pleasant manner
- Knowledge of medical records confidentiality
- Excellent communication skills with a high degree of tact and poise to deal effectively with patients, physicians and hospital staff members
DESIRED for the position:
- Working knowledge of insurances, ICD9 and CPT codes, Medicare, DSHS, Labor and
- Industries, and other third party insurances Previous insurance verifier, pre-authorization and/or medical receptionist experience
- Knowledge of medical terminology