Certified Surgical Technologist (.6 FTE)
- Up to $5,000.00 sign-on bonus for 1-year current Surg Tech experience with 2-year employment commitment. *
- Up to $10,000.00 sign-on bonus for 2 years current Surg Tech experience with 2-year employment commitment. *
- Up to $15,000.00 sign-on bonus for 3 years current Surg Tech experience with 2-year employment commitment. *
*Sign-on bonus open to new employees of EvergreenHealth only. Amount pro-rated depending on FTE of position (.5 FTE-1.0 FTE)
$27.23 hr - $45.45 hr DOE
Works with the surgical team to deliver patient care during surgery.
- Prepares rooms with appropriate instruments, sutures, supplies, and equipment for each surgical procedure as outlined in the policy and procedure manual.
- Demonstrates close attention to detail regarding aseptic technique at all times.
- Performs all counts as defined in the OR policies and procedures measured by documentation on the OR record.
- Maintains an orderly and sterile instrument table and/or Mayo stand per standardize set ups.
- Identifies sterility of instruments knows all indicator parameters.
- Anticipates the surgical routine and acts proactively according to surgeon’s instructions
- Remains and demonstrate an ability to handle unexpected situations with calm efficiency.
- Asks appropriate questions to enhance the care of the patient
- Handles medications on the sterile field under the direct observation of a registered nurse.
- Handles records, labels, and specimens according to established policy and procedure.
- Participates in patient safety activities including pre-surgical pause.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Must be registered as a Surgical Technologist within the State of Washington.
- Must have and maintain NBSTSA (National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting) Certification.
- Current Healthcare Provider BLS certification by date of hire
DESIRED for the position:
- 2 years of Surgical Tech experience
This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement between EvergreenHealth and the United Food and Commercial Workers (UFCW), Local 21.