Medical Assistant - Diabetes and Endocrinology Care (40 hrs/wk)
Responsible for assisting providers in delivering quality patient care by providing patient, clerical and administrative support to department staff.
1. Greets and rooms patient's per standard.
2. Takes patients history and vital signs.
3. Prepares patients for exam.
4. Assists provider with exam/surgical procedures and diagnostic testing.
5. Maintains appropriate sterile environment for the clinical procedure or situation, adhering to the Washington State standard for transmission precautions.
6. Administers injections (intradermal, subcutaneous and intramuscular) per provider orders.
•Must utilize EMR efficiently and follow appropriate processes for entering and retrieving data from EMR.
•Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing.
REQUIRED for the position:
• High School graduate or equivalent or applicable coursework to be applied to obtain required WA State Medical Assistant Certification.
• Current WA State Medical Assistant Certification.
• Current national certification through the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA), American Medical Technologist (AMT), National Healthcareer Association (NHA), National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT) or American Medical Certification Association (AMCA)
• Current Healthcare Provider BLS certification by date of hire
• Proficient with medical terminology
DESIRED for the position:
•National certification through the American Associations of Medical Assistants (AAMA) strongly preferred.
•1 year of MA experience in a medical office or healthcare setting.