Surgical Technologist (1.0 FTE)
- Up to $5,000.00 sign-on bonus for 1-year current Surg Tech experience with 2-year employment commitment. *
- Up to $10,000.00 sign-on bonus for 2 years current Surg Tech experience with 2-year employment commitment. *
- Up to $15,000.00 sign-on bonus for 3 years current Surg Tech experience with 2-year employment commitment. *
*Sign-on bonus open to new employees of EvergreenHealth only. Amount pro-rated depending on FTE of position (.5 FTE-1.0 FTE)
Assists in nursing care and preparation of surgical patient by performance of routine and delegated duties according to standards and policies of the Evergreen Surgical Center. Performs scrub duties and related procedures. Performs housekeeping duties as necessary and assists in maintenance of all supplies; maintains education in surgical, operating room, and related aspects of nursing care.
- Knows and follows correct procedures for aseptic techniques.
- Understands all aspects of operating room techniques both routine and special procedures and applies them in a professional manner.
- Prepares and knows the specific uses of all equipment and supplies used for surgical procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED for the position:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Surgical Technologist registration in Washington State.
- Healthcare Provider BLS certification by date of hire
- Knowledge and training to care for the specific age group under his or her care.
- Able to demonstrate or to acquire skills to complete surgical technologist skills checklist.
- Accountable for practice, commitment to patient care, and commitment to uphold the Patient Bill of Rights.
DESIRED for the position:
- NBSTSA (National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting) Certification
- 1 year as an Operating Room Technician Current
EvergreenHealth offers a rich benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Benefits, Employer Match Retirement Plan, Employee Discounts and Commuter Benefits including Transit Pass for Commuters.