Lead Computer Tomography (CT) Technologist (40 hours/week)
Wage Range: $35.12 – $58.63 per hour + Lead Premium
Sign On Bonus: up to $10,000.00 sign on bonus for CT Technologist with a minimum of one year experience and new employee of EvergreenHealth* Up to $5,000.00 sign on bonus for CT Technologist with less than one year experience and new employee of EvergreenHealth*
Responsible for applying prescribed ionizing radiation in performing Computer Tomography (CT) procedures at a technical level for diagnostic purpose under the prescription of a physician.
Oversees and leads the CT Technologists daily activities, supports and develops policies and standards. A lead primarily performs the same work as others in the classification; in addition is directly accountable for monitoring and reviewing work assignments of other employees, checking work for accuracy, makes daily work assignments, develops work schedules, or giving advice and work instructions to other employees. Fulfills all of the job functions and responsibilities of the CT Technologist.
1. Performs complex CT scan examinations and procedures, including injecting contrast material under the direct supervision of a Radiologist.
2. Sets, adjusts and controls the CT scanner equipment to apply ionizing radiation for CT procedures. Measures and selects proper electronics and technical factors such as kilovolts, milliamperes, slices and exposure time. Consistently produces high quality CT scans, develops images and interprets technical quality of images as related to quality assurance standards.
3. Analyzes patient's general body size, physical condition and age to accurately perform CT examinations.
4. Communicates to patient constantly, in lay language, describing the procedure, what the patient can expect from the procedure, and the status of the procedure, always maintaining patient's confidence. Demonstrates respect for patient's dignity and privacy.
5. Handles incoming and interoffice telephone calls and inquiries.
6. Greets patients, obtains history from patient, starts IV when appropriate and readies the patient for scan.
7. Obtains lab work and other necessary patient information from Cerner.
8. Schedules CT Scan exams from the Cerner imaging queue, ensuring all paperwork is complete and accurate.
9. Updates patient status in the RIS to indicate exam completion.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED for the position:
ARRT, or registry eligible, must take registry within first 45 days of employment.
Current Healthcare Provider BLS certification by date of hire
Training specific to the operation and performance of CT scanners.
Current WA State Radiologic Technologist licensure
Registered in CT Technology with ARRT within one year of employment or if hired on or before December 31, 2017 must obtain by January 1, 2019.
DESIRED for the position:
1 year of experience in a radiology setting
This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement between EvergreenHealth and the United Food and Commercial Workers (UFCW), Local 21. Union membership is optional.
Choices that care for you and your family.
At EvergreenHealth, we appreciate our employees’ commitment and contribution to our success. We are proud to offer a suite of quality benefits and resources that are comprehensive, flexible, and competitive to help our staff and their loved ones maintain and improve health and financial wellbeing.
What we offer
• Medical, vision and dental coverage
• Health Savings Account
• Flexible Spending HealthEquity Account
• Life and disability insurance
• Retirement plans (457 (b) and 401 (a) with employer contribution)
• Tuition assistance for undergraduate and graduate degrees
• Paid Time Off to reenergize
• Free parking
• Commuter benefits