Medical Assistant Float - Columbus
POSITION SUMMARY:The Medical Assistant supports the clinical team by completing clinical and administrative tasks related to patient care at the direction of the nurse (RN/LPN) or provider (MD/DO/NP/PA).
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Essential functions of the job include, but are not limited to, traveling, driving or having reliable transportation; written communication; utilizing a computer for typing and patient care; attending meetings.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Room patients, obtain vitals, and update basic health information in electronic health record (EHR).
- Review and complete daily tasks such as answering phones, completing prior authorizations, and handling medical records requests as requested by Leadership.
- Administer injections (intramuscular, subcutaneous, or intradermal) as ordered and log all medications administered in appropriate logs and trackers.
- Prepare exam rooms for patient visits by sterilizing and cleaning surfaces, and restocking supplies.
- Assist provider with procedures as indicated.
- Document all care provided and interactions with patients in the EHR.
- Process patient referrals for specialty care and follow-up, as needed, to ensure quality specialty care was provided.
- Provide follow up phone calls to clients or other professionals as needed.
- Adhere to the Equitas Health Care Corporate Compliance Standards of Conduct and all related policies and procedures.
- Participate in other agency meetings as requested by Leadership.
- Demonstrate unconditional positive regard to clients and conduct all aspects of job responsibilities with a focus on exceptional customer service.
- Contribute to a positive work environment by demonstrating unconditional positive regard to all Equitas Health employees, interns, etc. with an understanding, awareness, and respect for diversity.
- Conduct special projects and perform any other related duties as assigned by Leadership
- Anticipate the customers’ needs and take proactive steps to meet those needs by listening and taking responsibility within scope to ensure issues are resolved.
- Assure a clean, orderly, and functional work environment
- Is an effective team member who is flexible, cooperative, and willing to assist others
- Manage difficult or conflict situations constructively and seek appropriate assistance.
- Act as a resource and mentor to new employees, students, and other team members.
- Actively participate in departmental professional development activities
- Successful completion of a Medical Assistant Certificate program
- Current certification in CPR/BLS.
- High school diploma or GED is required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and other Qualifications:
- One year or greater experience as a Medical Assistant.
- Experience working in electronic health records required. Epic experience preferred.
- Ability to work Saturdays.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and customer service skills required
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have sensitivity to, interest in and competence in cultural differences, HIV/AIDS, minority health, Gender Affirming Care ,sexual practices, chemical dependency and a demonstrated competence in working with persons of color, and gay/lesbian/bisexual/transgender community.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications and other computer applications required.
- Reliable transportation, driver’s license and proof of auto insurance require