Receptionist (COVID-19 Support)
The Medical Receptionist will work closely with the medical, dental, behavioral health and case management staff to ensure a smooth and efficient operation of reception, data collection, answering phones, scheduling appointments, and overall administrative support to health services.
This position is fully funded through at least December 31, 2020 to aid in Equitas Health's response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Essential functions of the job include, but are not limited to, scheduling, utilizing a computer for data entry and reporting, operating office equipment, sorting, conducting research, attending meetings, interacting with others and managing multiple schedules.
PAY RANGE: $31,200-$35,880
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Communicate clearly and effectively with the public served by the organization, including employees, patients, clients, volunteers, visitors and vendors.
- Schedule patient appointments for all health services, including behavioral health.
- Collect information from the patient when they arrive, this includes, demographics, insurance, sliding fee and any copays due.
- Update patient information on an as-needed basis.
- Responsible for daily data entry, charge entry, and payment posting.
- Verify patient appointments via phone two days before the appointment, and updating the patients’ record on the status of the phone call.
- Scan all patient paperwork and outside documents into the Electronic Health Record (EHR) to ensure that it is organized and easily accessible.
- Manage tasks assigned by other members of the Medical team that may include, making referrals, scheduling Specialist appointments, and coordinating with Case Management staff concerning appointments for their clients.
- Manage any Medical records that come in via fax or mail, by organizing and distributing to a member of the Medical team.
- Coordinate with the RN/LPN daily to schedule Flu shots and Lab draws.
- Call “no show” appointments within one day of the time of the “no show” appointment.
- Assist in planning, managing and coordinating patient flow in clinic areas, and day-to-day operations of the clinic to ensure high quality service provision.
- Participate in special projects and statistical reporting.
- Maintain a clean, orderly and professional waiting room, reception area, and other health services areas.
- Prepare and maintain health services patient/client records in compliance with HIPAA government regulations and in accordance with Equitas Health provider standards to ensure efficient services.
- Comply with the Equitas Health Healthcare Corporate Compliance Standards of Conduct and related policies and procedures.
- Contribute to a positive work environment by demonstrating unconditional positive regard to all Equitas Health employees, interns, etc. with an understanding, awareness, and respect for diversity.
- Demonstrate unconditional positive regard to clients and conduct all aspects of job responsibilities with a focus on exceptional customer service.
- Continuously grow and develop Cultural Competency, exhibiting an understanding, awareness, and respect for diversity.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma is required.
- Three to five years of medical reception experience in a physician’s office or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Demonstrated exemplary customer service skills.
- Working knowledge of secretarial procedures and organizational policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of CPT© and/or ICD-9/ICD-10 coding and billing are preferred, along with knowledge of medical terminology.
- Experience with EMR (Electronic Medical Record) and medical billing software preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Access, Excel, Word and Outlook).
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, medical staff, coworkers and the public.
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to work efficiently without constant supervision and exercise a degree of initiative and judgment.
- Work well under pressure and possess the ability to be flexible.
- Team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must have sensitivity to, interest in and competence in cultural differences, HIV/AIDS, minority health, sexual practices, and a demonstrated competence in working with persons of color, and gay/lesbian/bisexual/transgender community.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
Background check and reference checks will be conducted. Hours may vary, including working some evenings and weekends based on workload. Individuals are not considered applicants until they have been asked to visit for an interview and at that time complete an application for employment. Completing the application does not guarantee employment. In accordance with Equitas Health’s Drug-Free Workplace Policy, pre-employment drug testing will be administered. EOE/AA