Housing Case Manager
Equitas Health is looking for an excellent Housing Case Manager to join our team. The Housing Case Manager is responsible for identifying and assisting HIV+ persons needing case management services through the provision of comprehensive case management services with a focus on improved health outcomes, housing stability, employment and income attainment. Qualified candidates will be problem-solvers, relationship-builders, and have a demonstrated passion for serving the LGBTQ community as well as people at risk or impacted by HIV/AIDS.
Equitas Health is a mission-driven non-profit organization committed to providing care for all people. We offer competitive pay and benefits, paid time off and holidays, and flexible scheduling.
PAY RANGE: $34,560-$43,200
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Essential functions of the job include, but are not limited to, traveling, driving, having reliable transportation to transport clients and meet clients, and utilizing a computer for typing and conducting research, attending meetings, conducting assessments and counseling.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Provide high quality case management for clients who have HIV/AIDS and their families with a focus on improved health outcomes, housing stability, employment and income attainment.
- Function as a central and primary access point for Housing Opportunities for People with HIV/AIDS (HOPWA) financial assistance programs: short term rental, mortgage, utility assistance and tenant-based rental subsidy program
- Attend community housing meetings and training to educate about specific needs associated with HIV/AIDS and to understand and support the collection and data entry required.
- Provide supportive services for vocational assessment, job readiness, job search, placement and retention.
- Maintain appropriate referral sources and contact persons for community-based services.
- Develop, monitor, and evaluate individual case plans for each Tenant Based Rental Assistance (TBRA) assigned client at intake and every quarter thereafter.
- Develop, monitor, and evaluate individual case plans for each Short-Term Rental and Mortgage Utility (STRMU) assistance assigned client at intake, with follow up provided, at minimum, for 90-days after assistance is provided.
- Provide crisis intervention and consultation/outreach to community agencies.
- Complete all documentation within two business days of service provided.
- Providing linkage to resources such as housing, respite, nutritional assistance, palliative care, chore assistance, transportation and social functions which help increase ability to remain independent in the community.
- Assist clients in locating and maintaining housing, completing applications for housing, and the re-certification and relocation process.
- Conduct tenant orientations.
- Navigate community workforce programs and provide supportive services and mentorship to clients that address the unique barriers to employment people living with HIV/AIDS (PLWHA) may face in returning to work, understanding benefits eligibility, confidentiality and health management in the workplace.
- Demonstrate unconditional positive regard to clients; Conduct all aspects of job responsibilities with a focus on exceptional customer service.
- Utilize supervision appropriately: seeking individual supervision as needed; being prepared to actively participate in group supervision.
- Strive for continuous growth and development of Cultural Competency exhibiting an understanding, awareness, and respect for diversity.
- Maintain client files and records as directed by agency policies and procedures that will be demonstrated by scoring no less than 90% on quarterly audits.
- Complete accurate data collection, reports, and documentation to provide data for federal, state, agency and board purposes as assigned by supervisor.
- Conduct inspections for habitability for TBRA units for initial program entry and annually.
- Work in conjunction with Equitas Health committees related to clients’ needs and services.
- Complete a minimum of 10 hours a year of HIV/AIDS specific training to keep informed about current AIDS research, case management models, and needs assessments.
- Other duties as assigned related to this position by supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of a Bachelor Degree in social service or related field.
- Must have sensitivity to, interest in and competence in cultural differences, HIV/AIDS, minority health, sexual practices, and a demonstrated competence in working with persons of color, and gay/lesbian/bisexual/transgender community.
- Community-based Case Management, housing services and employment training experience desired.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications and other computer applications required.
- Reliable transportation, driver’s license and proof of auto insurance required.
- Knowledge and adherence to social work standards and ethics.
Background and reference checks will be conducted. Hours may vary, including working some evenings and weekends based on workload. Individuals are not considered applicants until they have been asked to visit for an interview and at that time complete an application for employment. Completing the application does not guarantee employment. In accordance with Equitas Health’s Drug-Free Workplace Policy, pre-employment drug testing will be administered. EOE/AA
It is the policy of Equitas Health that no employee or applicant will be discriminated against because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender, gender-identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, HIV status, genetic information, political affiliation, marital status, union activity, military, veteran, and economic status, or any other characteristic protected in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. This policy applies to all phases of its personnel activity including recruitment, hiring, placement, upgrading, training, promotion, transfer, separation, recall, compensation, benefits, education, recreation, and all other conditions or privileges of employment.
Equitas Health values diversity and welcomes applicants from a broad array of backgrounds.