This Clinic Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the health center and ensuring that the services are provided in a high quality, patient centered manner, resulting in excellent patient and fiscal outcomes. The Clinic Manager works in close collaboration with the leadership of the medical center, pharmacy, finance, mental health and recovery, dental and other Equitas Health departments.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Oversee the day-to-day operations of the Health center including addressing facility problems as they arise, resolving staffing issues as appropriate, submitting expenditure requests to finance, coordinating staff support or contractors for facility issues, orienting new staff to space, resolving customer complaints, and coordinating facility needs such as ordering equipment, supplies and information technology.
- Plans, coordinates, supervises, and guides activities of the physician practice including setting goals and priorities and meeting compliance and regulatory requirements including OSHA and other regulatory agencies.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for patient recruitment and retention, customer service improvement initiatives and coordinating efforts to engage patients who have fallen out of care.
- Coordinates with relevant Health center leadership staff in order to meet utilization, inventory and productivity goals of the Heath center.
- Provide supervision duties and support to PAR team members to ensure best practice client services.
- Responsible for staffing activities in coordination with the HR department such as recruiting, hiring, training, supervising, and performance related matters.
- Act as direct administrative supervisor for Health center staff, including coordination of evaluation activities and training requirements.
- Manages, analyzes, and utilizes financial information to maximize productivity, revenue, and expenses. Monitors patient revenues, expenses, and operating expenses (including salaries and capital expense items) and provides appropriate reports to providers.
- Work with staff to ensure that data is entered accurately and consistently within the EHR.
- Monitors the flow of work on a daily basis and makes appropriate schedule changes. Maintains effective “service delivery” to providers in the way of dependable staffing and efficient workflow procedures so they are able to provide high standard of patient care.
- Coordinate staff training for the EHR and become a super user.
- Coordinate with the human resources department to ensure that all clinical staff have current certifications and licenses to perform their job duties.
- Assesses and tracks performance of employees. Coaches, trains, and develops employees, providing reinforcement and feedback. Delegates appropriately.
- Work with CQI Specialist on data projects and quality improvement initiatives.
- Coordinate with the finance team to ensure that the revenue cycle is implemented effectively beginning with the front desk staff to providers coding services properly.
- Work with team members to develop step-by-step procedures for complex processes. Train staff in related policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with all legislative, program, and funder regulations including standards of HRSA, Meaningful Use, HRC, CMS, ODH, HIPAA and OSHA regulations.
- Coordinate the patient greeting, registration, payment, scheduling and all front desk operations
- Monitor client/patient files, records, and other documentation, with CQI Specialist for adherence to best practice, agency policy, external regulations and funding requirements.
- Maintain and develop strong working relationships with local, regional, and national agencies involved in HIV, LGBTQ health, FQHCs and primary care entities.
- Build ongoing relationships with other service providers in community and promote the services that Equitas Health Medical Center and Pharmacy provides.
- Facilitate monthly staff meetings and multi-disciplinary team staffing.
- Conduct community presentations, promotional activities and represent the organization as appropriate on committees and at meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Health Care Management, Business, Social Work Administration or equivalent professional work experience. MBA or MA preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and other Qualifications:
- Must have at least three years of supervisory experience and experience working in a medical, health or dental office setting.
- Knowledge of and experience with patient recruitment/retention and the revenue cycle.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Knowledge and experience with effective use of social media is a plus.
- Must have sensitivity to, interest in and competence in cultural differences, HIV/AIDS, minority health, and a demonstrated competence in working with persons of color, and LGBTQ communities.
- Treats patients and families with dignity and respect. Ensures confidentiality of patient records. Interacts professionally with patients and families and provides explanations and verbal reassurance as necessary.
- Must possess knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, and third party payors.
- Must be able to work with physicians and other providers in a collaborative manner.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications and other computer applications required. Experience with EPIC preferred and ability to learn new technologies, web tools, and basic design tools is imperative.
- Must have reliable transportation and valid Ohio driver’s license.
SALARY RANGE : $58,700-$73,300
Background and reference checks will be conducted. In accordance with Equitas Health’s Drug-Free Workplace Policy, pre-employment drug testing will be administered. Hours may vary, including working some evenings and weekends based on workload. Individuals are not considered applicants until they have been asked to visit for an interview and at that time complete an application for employment. Completing the application does not guarantee employment. EOE/AA