Clinical Supervisor (LISW)
Responsible for the clinical and programmatic coordination and implementation of HIV Case Management Program, United Way Program and/or the HOPWA Program to meet the needs of clients requesting case management assistance. The individual will operate in accordance with the established professional standards and guidelines for the National Association of Social Workers (NASW), ODADAS, and agree to adhere to NASW standards for services and clinical supervision, and the Ohio Credentialing Board (OCB) and OCB standards for social work.
PAY RANGE: $49,766-$62,208
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Provides clinical supervision to Case Managers including developing and advancing case management skills, reviewing documentation, putting theory into practice, continuing education, lending emotional support, and identifying transference issues.
- Provides clinical supervision regarding Motivational Interviewing theory and practice and supports agency-wide use of Evidenced Based Practices.
- Provide support and training to staff related to learning health record systems and other software, Client Services and Case Management procedures, and program specific eligibility, assistance services, and level of care determinations.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills. Ensure that action items and updates are provided to staff proactively. Capture feedback from clients, staff, and community partners and communicate the information to the appropriate persons.
- Returns client, provider, and other stakeholder correspondence within 2 business days.
- Demonstrates initiative and leadership by anticipating and problem solving service interruptions for clients, staff transitions, and procedural changes.
- Ensures client files and records are maintained as directed by agency policies and procedures.
- Maintains client confidentiality by ensuring staff follow agency and program policies and procedures.
- Processes and problem solves with staff to ensure staff caseloads are no greater than 10% out of date in any given month.
- Ensures that case referrals are assigned within 2 business days. Reviews outstanding referrals each month with staff in individual supervision. Ensures that all cases are assigned to an appropriate level of care.
- Collects and processes staff Supervision Logs, Trainings Logs, and other data in compliance with established program procedure. Problem solve any struggles in maintaining supervision and training requirements.
- Completes timely reporting on multiple data points for internal and external review. Reports are generally due monthly and quarterly, and may be requested at other times.
- Reviews productivity report with staff in individual supervision; Identifies areas that require attention such as time management skills, organizational skills, and utilization report; provides training and ongoing coaching for identified needs.
- Works collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team.
- Builds new and maintains ongoing relationships with other service providers serving our client population.
- Represents organization in community engaging other service providers and educating about special needs associated with HIV/AIDS or chronic disease management in the primary care continuum.
- Represents organization in Network meetings, planning councils, and other community activities in order to maintain and/or develop processes and procedures associated with HIV/AIDS or chronic disease management.
- Demonstrates unconditional positive regard to clients; Conducts all aspects of job responsibilities with a focus on exceptional customer service.
- Demonstrates continuous growth and development of Cultural Competency exhibiting an understanding, awareness, and respect for diversity.
- Complete performance appraisals at 90 days and annually, develop performance improvement plans as needed, and maintain supervision records.
- Attend monthly, quarterly, and as needed meetings in-person at multiple agency sites and community partner locations.
- Utilize email, Skype, phone, and other telecommunication options to participate in meetings across sites.
- Conduct interviews and participate in onboarding processes for new employees.
- Other duties as assigned related to this position by supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of LISW-S required and Master Degree required.
- Five years of direct-service experience, preferably in a community-based health-care setting and a minimum of one year of supervisory experience preferred.
- Must have sensitivity to, interest in and competence in cultural differences, HIV/AIDS, minority health, sexual practices, chemical dependency, chronic disease management, and a demonstrated competence in working with persons of color, and gay/lesbian/bisexual/transgender community.
- Community-based case management and training experience desired.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications and other computer applications required.
- Must have valid Ohio driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Must have knowledge and adherence to social work standards and ethics.
Background and reference checks will be conducted. Hours may vary, including working some evenings and weekends based on workload. Individuals are not considered applicants until they have been asked to visit for an interview and at that time complete an application for employment. Completing the application does not guarantee employment. In accordance with Equitas Health’s Drug-Free Workplace Policy, pre-employment drug testing will be administered. EOE/AA
It is the policy of Equitas Health that no employee or applicant will be discriminated against because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender, gender-identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, HIV status, genetic information, political affiliation, marital status, union activity, military, veteran, and economic status, or any other characteristic protected in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. This policy applies to all phases of its personnel activity including recruitment, hiring, placement, upgrading, training, promotion, transfer, separation, recall, compensation, benefits, education, recreation, and all other conditions or privileges of employment.
Equitas Health values diversity and welcomes applicants from a broad array of backgrounds.