Manager Of Events
The Manager of Events will develop, run, optimize, and scale events to be leveraged for demand generation and brand awareness. A successful candidate will be highly organized, creative, detail oriented, results oriented, full of integrity, strong communication skills, and motivated to serve as lead for event planning. This role will be instrumental in the success of eMoney’s corporate brand and sales/marketing initiatives.
The Manager of Events must be able to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, and meet deadlines. Meetings and Events include industry events, client events, eMoney hosted events, recruiting events, internal events, the Annual Summit, and webinars.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Create and manage strategy & execution of live and online events
- Oversee the development and execution of event planning before, during, and after events
- Research/identify event opportunities, understand the market, and generate interest
- Manage event spend to stay within budget
- Providing clear, well-written periodic reports to stakeholders.
- Build strong working relationships with key internal groups, including Marketing Business Development, Customer Support, Financial Planning, Content, and Creative
- Utilize strong project management skills to track and deliver critical marketing campaigns on time
- Continually refine best practices/standards, building on them for future event planning and execution
- Work with marketing teams to develop overall program theme, messaging look and feel as well as digital and physical marketing and communications collateral
- Manage the timeline and program for all eMoney events
- Manage execution of Annual Summit (1500+ attendees) strategy; securing sponsorships, eMoney team schedule and coordination; vendor follow up; event finance tracking; DMC Coordination;
- Negotiate costs and services with vendors; book event space; arrange food and beverage, order all supplies and décor; coordinate audiovisual equipment & operation
- Secure volunteers; manage the staff and volunteers working at the event, secure and coordinate guest speakers and entertainment
- Manage communication plan integration into event planning and execution via digital channels including social media
- Prepare and negotiate event contracts as needed
- Develop and lead Event Strategist to evolve and grow careers
- B.A. degree from accredited university
- 5 years prior experience managing and coordinating events of all size (10-2,500+ attendees)
- Proven track record of generating revenue from events
- Experience integrating communications plans into event planning and execution
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) with high level of professionalism
- Superior time management skills and multi-tasking abilities
- Budget management and negotiation skills
- 1 year of supervisory experience
- Ability to see the “big picture” and meet objectives in all stages of event planning, design, and production
- Pro-active, systems and process-oriented mindset, with a proven ability to anticipate and plan ahead
- Extensive experience working in a fast-paced environment, managing many projects with competing deadlines and priorities
- Strong team player, strong collaboration skills
- Knowledge of digital marketing, campaign strategy and management, A/B testing, conversion optimization
- Experience in managing VIPs, C-level executives, and celebrities
- Experience with Marketing Automation
- Strong organization and time-management skills to keep pace with energetic sales and cross-functional teams
- Project management skills
- Flexible and adaptive to constant change. Able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Enjoys a very collaborative team environment
- Detail oriented with a commitment to high quality performance and production.
- Ability to work independently as well as a team member.
- Creative, high energy, innovative, proactive, and resourceful.
At eMoney Advisor, our mission is to help people talk about money. Founded in 2000, it’s the only wealth management system for financial advisors that offers transparency, security, mobile access and superior organization for everything that impacts their clients' financial lives. Our award-winning, web-based services and resources are designed to amplify advisors' value to their clients. Today, eMoney’s 1000 employees serve almost 60 thousand financial professionals and supports over 2.9 million end clients.