Senior Software Engineer - Remote
What to expect as the Senior Software Engineer at Elastic Path?
Elastic Path is taking e-commerce services to the next level, and it requires passionate and creative product-centric engineers to support this effort. We’re looking for someone who can design and implement e-commerce features in our newest product: Elastic Path Commerce Cloud.
You’ll work as part of an agile development squad and will own your work throughout the development lifecycle. You’ll thrive on autonomy as well as pushing the boundaries of what you can accomplish. You’ll enjoy experimenting with new ways to solve complex problems.
Location: This is a remote role based in the UK - candidates are required to be located within the UK to be considered. Elastic Path is a Remote First employer, so you’ll have the tools to work from wherever you are based.
What impact will you have?
- You’ll develop and maintain code for Elastic Path Commerce Cloud, and execute on the Product Development vision
- You will solve complex technical problems.
- Deliver value to the organization as quickly as possible while minimizing risk
- Influence decision making in the team
- Participate in the architecture process
- You will create and maintain features that are valuable to customers
- You will have autonomy to work independently, but also be expected to be a solid team-player.
- You enjoy helping other engineers across the organization and take on mentorship opportunities with more junior team members.
- You embrace new challenges and see them as an opportunity to grow and learn. To you, obstacles are fun.
- You have some experience or an interest in learning to develop services in the Go programming language.
- You will contribute to the development and improvement of the security capabilities of Elastic Path, its systems, technology, software products and SaaS offerings.
What experience do you need to Be Remarkable in this position?
- 5+ years developing large-scale software products
- 5+ years’ experience developing code with a statically typed language (such as Java, Go, C#, etc.)
- Understanding of server-side development and a RESTful API layer
- Experience of the full software development lifecycle
- You’re T-shaped - having a broad range of technology knowledge and interests with greater depth in some areas.
Bonus Points for:
- Understanding of design and best practices for micro-services and distributed systems
- Experience with Go (Programming Language)
- E-commerce background
- In-depth knowledge of Kubernetes and container orchestration
- Understanding of CI/CD pipelines with GitLab
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
Our Technical Stack:
Some of our technical stack highlights include Go, Node.js, Kubernetes, MongoDB, SQS/SNS, RabbitMQ, AWS Lambda but we value experience and enthusiasm for learning more than detailed knowledge of specific technologies. We will help you to fill in the gaps.
Our build, deployment and testing processes feature: GitLab, DataDog, and a variety of AWS services. We have automated functional and performance testing and we use continuous delivery and deployment model.
Who we are:
Elastic Path is the company powering mission-critical digital commerce for the world’s leading brands, such as Tesla, Intuit, Pella, Deckers Brands, T-Mobile, and over 250 other leading enterprises. We pioneered the Headless Commerce space in 2011 and spearheaded Composable Commerce in 2020. Our vision is to build the most flexible, open, and modern enterprise commerce software.
Our culture is best described as supportive and driven. Our employees are passionate about what they do and work hard. And they are committed to the greater team, always willing to support others.
Be Open. Be Remarkable. Be the Customer. Be the Team. The values we live by.
At Elastic Path, we go the extra mile to provide you & your family with exceptional benefits, wherever you may be located. You can check out our specific perks by geography on our careers page.
Elastic Path is an equal opportunities employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We value and celebrate diversity in its many forms, and we strive to provide an inclusive and safe workplace where each person feels respected, supported, and accepted – however they choose to identify.